Karting loser throws bumper at opponent, quits sport

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/karting-loser-throws-bumper-at-opponent-quits-sport.html

4 Likes

Even Wario manages to confine his post-loss outbursts to angry gesticulations.

15 Likes

Real world version of a rage quit.

6 Likes

“Great. I’m gonna go and find something else for my entire life to be about.”

10 Likes

Hmm… what other birthday party activities have been professionalized?

11 Likes

So, privileged asshole throws tantrum… where have i seen this before?

8 Likes

Ban them both for life but also from events so the father can’t be at the track for FIA events even at his own track

2 Likes

Pin The Tail on the Donkey rage quits can get…messy

2 Likes

Exactly. Not to mention, his family may have been planning their entire future on the guy having an F1 career. Karting is the first step toward F1.

5 Likes

I think these karts are a bit different to the ones you drive at a party. Go-karts rarely go above 20hp while KZ1 karts are 45-50hp.

Gabriele Tarquini, Jarno Trulli and Max Verstappen have won the KZ1 championship before making it to F1.

7 Likes

Oh, I understand. My close friend’s brother drove them on the local circuit when we were teens. I just don’t have a lot of sympathy for rich man-babies having fits while playing at children’s games, especially when their response is to put half a dozen others at serious risk.

1 Like

The son is 23 years old. If he were any good he would already be in F1.

6 Likes

Disqualification, bans…wow, is that all? This could have resulted in collisions at speed, resulting in injury or even death. From the video I expected to read about criminal charges, and not just from his immediate target.

2 Likes

Exactly, this outburst is the last gasp of failed dreams. Not even buying a track and investing ALL of the time and money could get this young man into the next level. They were already “out of the sport” by the time their actions made it official.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.