Forthcoming movie has "greatest title reveal of all time"

Originally published at: Forthcoming movie has "greatest title reveal of all time" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

It elicited a LOL from me. :laughing:

10 Likes

I enjoy these kinds of movies as dumb fun, but the title seems a little plain for my tastes.

19 Likes

It is certainly plain and simple, and to the point. I was hoping for Gerard Butler yelling in to the intercom, in full Leonidas mode, “THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING!

Edit @some_guy

10 Likes

I hope somebody explains this; why is the title of this white western fantasy about a man from our oppressed classes saving us from some other angry oppressed people-- such a surprise?

5 Likes

This is the film industry equivalent of breaking rocks in a prison quarry. Everyone involved from the producers on down to the lowliest crew member knows that it is pointless and unnecessary … but they’ll do it because they have to.

10 Likes

Neither of us should be proud for making such an obvious groan-inducing pun.

5 Likes

I’m always up for spreading a little happiness in the world; even if it isn’t wanted :smile:

1 Like

I, too, had hoped for something a bit more… fancy.

3 Likes

Me too.

Nice. (Sneaky nice).

5 Likes

A little disappointed it wasn’t called “Flight 300”.

9 Likes

If the entire movie took place on the plane, then fine. But this is stupid. At the least it should be titled Plane Down.

Or Untitled Gerald Butler Vehicle

15 Likes

This is what happens when there’s not enough money in the budget to throw in a bunch of snakes.

16 Likes

Liam Neeson not available for Taken 47?

I mean he does have a very particular set of skills that would come in handy. Skills he acquired over a very long career that make him a nightmare for those bad guys.

6 Likes

I seem to remember a movie review on maybe the Brunching Shuttlecocks site that said you could probably release a new movie set on a submarine every year, and just call every one of them “Submarine!”. The people who are going to see it don’t care if it’s incredibly original or innovative, just just want to go see a submarine movie.

The title “Airplane!” was already taken.

Apparently in this one, the plane crashes on the island of Macho Grande? Surely, you can’t be serious.

10 Likes

I would’ve expected it to take place during a Spanish rainstorm, mainly.

10 Likes
9 Likes

I feel that, sometime in the distant future, we will discover that Gerard Butler’s existence is the result of an industrial accident involving Bruce Willis and a mimeograph machine.

10 Likes

Fly Hard

Die Hard GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

25 Likes

Plan E (?)

14 Likes