Fortnite 'Air Royale' far more fun than petting in-game dogs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/fortnite-air-royale-far-mo.html

1 Like

Epic has also added functionality to allow in-game players to stroke other players back-bling ‘pets’ with a motion that looks more like telling the pet to buzz off.

Yeah i saw the clip of it in action and i was severely underwhelmed. Doesn’t look like the doggo was being pet at all, then again i’m sure the way they’re doing it is easier than setting up that interaction by locking both players into an animation (though i’d be ok with this as long as both players initiate the interaction. TF2 does group taunts this way)

3 Likes

The howling and yipping audio makes my real world dog unhappy.

3 Likes

You should be petting your doggo instead.

1 Like

Oh my. I tried Fortnite very briefly but multiplayer FPS has never been for me.

A dogfighting battle royale mode though… I am intrigued.

Although I think what I really want is TIE Fighter Battle Royale, complete with impossibly complex keyboard control scheme for managing your starfighter’s power systems…

1 Like

I didn’t know I needed “TIE Fighter Battle Royale” until now. I loved the mechanic of diverting power to fore/aft shields, etc. and it strikes me that I haven’t played a single game that attempted a mechanic like that in 25 years now.

1 Like

It’s in a totally different genre (roguelike RTS), but FTL has a somewhat similar ship power systems management aspect.

I wouldn’t be surprised if EVE or Elite Dangerous had something similar? I’ve played neither, as they seem like they’d either be unapproachable enough that I’d bounce off or else so deep that I’d get sucked in to an unhealthy degree.

A modern remake of TIE Fighter with VR support, good graphics, and multiplayer, but maintaining the complex mechanics of the original, would be incredible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.