FortNite Battle Royale's instantly deploying 'Porta-Fort' looks really cool

Ah, gotcha. I’m not the gamer of the house and as far as I know, my nephew is still on Minecraft, so I’m a bit behind the curve on this stuff. I’m sure he’ll discover it soon and that’s all I’ll hear about, which at least will be a refreshing change from hours of hearing about his latest Minecraft creations in epic detail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been a desktop gamer for 20 years now going back to the early days of Warcraft and Starcraft (did podcasting, blogging, cons, etc). My oldest son prefers console gaming (Overwatch & Fortnite currently), so we keep up to date in that space thanks to him. my younger son does enjoy console stuff too, but prefers desktop gaming…Heroes of the Storm is his particular brand of digital fun.

I still remain active in Hots, Overwatch, SC2, and WoW. I am admittedly a Blizzard fanboy.

4 Likes

I really dislike the building part of it, wish they had a game mode with out it, i play pubg now instead, so i dont have to put up with people magic building walls…

I don’t play the game; I was hoping this article would be about a cool concept in its own right, but if anything it seems like the opposite. If the building is supposed to pop up out of a grenade, how come it’s made out of old tires and polycarbonate and packing crates as if some post-apocalypt made it by hand? I wanted to see some kind of intricate origami / inflatable / filigree thing that made me feel like it really could have popped out of a tiny space. Or, it could assemble itself out of nearby materials Katamari-style.

2 Likes

Try PUBG instead. It’s the same game (because Fortnight is a clone of it) but without all the jumping and twitching.

The trick is to know what your opponent is about to do before the opponent does. Very difficult, obviously. But it’s the only way I know to stay competitive against people 20 to 40 years younger than you are. “Age and treachery beats youth and skill” as the saying goes.

1 Like

Do you have your own kids? Day job? House? Mortgage? Pick any of those and that will do it.

4 Likes

I downloaded and played a bunch of Fortnite on my iPad after seeing this post, and I can only think that you have to be a 12-yr-old kid raised on mobile devices to get any kind of proficiency in this game. I see tips about delicate feints and headshot techniques, and I’m thinking man, I can barely aim a gun in the right direction half the time. Haven’t seen the Porta-Fort yet and not sure where to get ahold of it, but will definitely use it once I do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.