Fossil turduckens are in the news again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/09/fossil-turduckens-are-in-the-n.html

3 Likes

We need to make turduckolite an official scientific term, much like Gary Larson’s thagomizer became an official term.

Any time a fossilized animal is found with another fossilized animal with in it, likely as its last meal, collectively the name for the find should be a turduckolite.

I debated with myself “turducklite” or “turduckolite”, but the “olite” ending sounds better.

9 Likes

Agree with the term and the o in it!

6 Likes

I assumed that “Fossil turduckens” was just another nick-name for Trump. He’s always in the news. I think I’ll start using that phrase.

3 Likes

The superfluous “uckens” should have tipped you off.

5 Likes

Coprolite is the scientific term for fossilized poop and, perhaps, is a better term for what you are trying to convey.

4 Likes

I prefer my copro full strength… non if this watered down bullshit… Amerca!!

This was surprising, because scientists believed there were no megapredators eating other predators at the time.

This made me immediately think of the video of the seagull swallowing the rabbit whole. Imagine the confusion over that fossil. No I am not posting a link to the vid, it is horrific.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.