Four children reported alive in jungle 2 weeks after plane crashed, killing all adults

Originally published at: Four children reported alive in jungle 2 weeks after plane crashed, killing all adults | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Yikes; that’s both amazing and scary as fuck.

Hope the reports they’ve been found are true, and that they make it back to their dad safely.

16 Likes

Wow. That’s amazing. I can’t even imagine what it would have been like for the kids. I know if I were stuck in the jungle for 2 weeks, I’d be dead. Those are some great survival skills.

7 Likes

Wow. Glad they found them. As if the plane crash wasn’t terrifying enough, surviving in a jungle for several days with no supplies is also scary.

Reminds me of Juliane Koepcke who at17 years old was the only survivor of a plane that broke up mid-air. Miraculously surviving the fall, she spent 11 days in the jungle with several wounds before fishermen found her.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, reports of rescue have been premature.

No paywall: https://archive.ph/VqQ4d

Earlier this week, Colombian President Gustavo Petro shared on Twitter what seems like the uplifting afterword to a grim story: Four children who had gone missing in the jungle following a plane crash had been found alive, he wrote, describing the news as “a joy for the country.”

But just one day later, on Thursday, Petro retracted his tweet, saying he could not confirm the information he had shared earlier.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.