Four-day working week trial an "overwhelming success" in Iceland

Originally published at: Four-day working week trial an "overwhelming success" in Iceland | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I’m working a four day work week right now.

(not next week though)

13 Likes

brb moving to Iceland

11 Likes

Impressive results. However, between the toxic Protestant Work Ethic, the multi-faceted greed of late-stage capitalism, the insecurities of do-nothing managers, and the HR Culture, I don’t see four-day work weeks coming to the U.S. anytime soon.

24 Likes

“overwhelming success” is not an option for US workers.

24 Likes

“The public never even noticed that the civil servants were working one less day per week” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Other key points - weekly hours were reduced from 40 to 35-36, and there was no decrease in compensation. So this isn’t the horrible 4 10-hour day work week “equivalent” thats offered in the US

9 Likes

A ridiculous number of Icelanders work more than one job just to make ends meet in what is a ruinously expensive country so it’ll be interesting to see if they end up with more time for themselves, or just take on yet another job.

1 Like

The US standard work week goes farther: three 9-our days at half pay and no benefits.

6 Likes

What are elf work hours like?

5 Likes

Where is this data coming from?

3 Likes

Here is a documentary that reveals the working lives of elf kind:

3 Likes

Long time in country trying to meet up with people flitting between their jobs and trying to fit in a family life.

1 Like

It’s an option at my company… wait, that’s 4 ten hour days rather than 5 eights… Sigh…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.