Four men charged for stealing 18K gold toilet from Winston Churchill's home

Originally published at: Four men charged for stealing 18K gold toilet from Winston Churchill's home | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Because up until now, the police had nothing to go on.

19 Likes

Here’s hoping that police constable Nicolas Angel is considering that anyone who would deem a gold toilet to be a significant Art installation might also consider its subsequent theft to be performance Art

6 Likes

Not sure why every article is insisting on the Churchill connection-- it’s sort of a footnote.

2 Likes

i urinated in that toilet once.

3 Likes

I wonder, because it’s made of gold if users never get that uneasy feeling when they sit on a recently occupied seat. Would it’s coolness be comforting or become uncomfortable?

2 Likes

at blenheim or at the gugenheim?

1 Like

this was the toilet at the record store I used to manage. it’s just spray paint. the owner painted it.

4 Likes

Guggenheim!

4 Likes

Gesundheit!

3 Likes

And wrong, too.

Oh come on, when was the last time Churchill even used it?

Art? I know it when I pee in it

2 Likes

The crime actually occurred in 2019 but the charges have just been brought.

Apparently they had MANY suspects, but narrowed it down to these 4 through the process of elimination.

4 Likes

Ironically, John Churchill never would use the toilet, as he was accused of embezzlement.

Scottish nationalists wanting a substitute for the Stone of Scone?

1 Like

If I knew who did it I would just threaten to turn them in unless they let me take it for a test drive.

That would be reward enough.

1 Like

An trailer for the original exhibition, before the theft. I don’t think I spotted the gold toilet, but the concept of placing put of context contemporary sculptures within blenheim was somewhat intriguing.

more such exhibitions

https://blenheimartfoundation.org.uk

and the toilet in situ

2 Likes

Yeah, Churchill is one of the less interesting parts of Blenheim Palace

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.