Fourth thingy shot down entering U.S. airspace

I mean who hasn’t had a brand new drone just shoot up to 20,000 ft?

12 Likes

Gotta say, “octagonal shape” does immediately make me think of those multi-rotor drones, but that’s pretty high for a toy, and missle fire seems overkill for that. I have to guess the military knows more than they are putting out, as usual.

23 Likes

7 Likes

Good point, maybe if they told the truth they wouldn’t get any new toys to play with…

14 Likes

This is literally the ONLY thing currently happening on TikTok. Most arguments falling into 2 camps: The real deal (aliens) or just a distraction from the Ohio train derailment.

11 Likes

The Galactic Tourism Board has warned travelers that Earth can no longer be considered a safe place to visit. “Over the years, many of us have enjoyed our visits to Earth, with its unique opportunities to marvel at their primitive politics, technology, and social habits,” said a spokesbeing for the Board. “Unfortunately, during the past few rotations of the planet, the Earthlings have become unaccountably aggressive. While the reasons for this change of attitude have yet to be determined, it is a sad fact that several visitors to one of Earth’s most fascinatingly dysfunctional societies have recently been assaulted by primitive terrestrial war machines and have lost their lives as a result. Further travel is discouraged. Visitors already in the Sol system are recommended to enjoy some of the other attractions offered by the system, such as a meditation retreat with the peaceful Ice Whales of Europa, or a cloud-tasting party in the Venusian troposphere.”

37 Likes

The BBC article noted that:

The latest object - shot down over Lake Huron in Michigan near the Canadian border - has been described by defence officials as an unmanned “octagonal structure” with strings attached to it.

Hmmmm…

20 Likes

Leaked footage of the Octahedronal Object…

14 Likes

They did trace the strings to the source before blowing it up, right?

6 Likes

Should have checked closer:

:scream:

6 Likes

For someone who grew up in windy, windy Kansas…I wish I had discovered this as a kid.

(Also in before the inevitable “Why is Kansas so windy? Because Oklahoma sucks and Nebraska blows.” joke.)

26 Likes
31 Likes

19 Likes

I understood that reference…

31 Likes

This is a popular sport on the lake I live on because there are two spots where the wind swirls just right due to the shape of the land.

This is not my lake but I get to watch people doing this near by.

6 Likes

At this rate, we’ll never meet any extraterrestrials.

10 Likes

Well, there’s meet…

live long and prosper star trek GIF by HULU

… and meet. :grimacing:

New York Nyc GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

25 Likes

Imagine if there was a rigid airship manufacturer with a history of doing business with Lockheed Martin?

4 Likes

If this keeps up maybe my embarrassingly high playtime in XCOM will turn into an exciting new career opportunity!

11 Likes

Hopefully not as an X-COM trained gambler. Otherwise you’d go broke when every bet with a 95% chance of success still failed.

7 Likes