Fox & Friends apologizes for announcing death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who lives

Samuel Pepys was co-holder of the Lesser Seal for a time. He got it as part of a job lot of offices he purchased with a friend. They were both surprised to find that they could charge people to affix their seal to documents, and that all documents being sent for consideration by the higher powers had to have the seal. It turned out to be a nice earner for them.

4 Likes

Are they apologizing to Ginsburg, the general public, or all the conservatives out there who hurt themselves high-fiving and jumping for joy?

2 Likes

Just like Master Sergeant Rehnquist

“Robe worn by Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist** during sessions of the Supreme Court and during the Senate impeachment trial of President William Clinton. Rehnquist added the gold stripes to the sleeves in 1995 after seeing the costume worn by the Lord Chancellor in a production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Iolanthe. Rehnquist was appointed to the court in 1971 as an associate justice and was chief justice from 1986 until his death on September 3, 2005.”

And Brett Kavanaugh’s speedo.

6 Likes

The protocol for when the Queen dies is pretty interesting. The BBC and other media orgs already have it all planned out.

1 Like

There’s no requirement that the Lord Chancellor and the Justice Secretary be the same person.

So far, the two roles have always been the same person. But since the Justice Secretary is a mere parvenu (2007 - pah!) that’s hardly a constitutional convention.

2 Likes

Nearly. The Justice Secretary rejoices in that title.

The Lord Chancellor is still the Lord Chancellor (much though governments of all stripes would like to abolish the post, it’s proven too difficult).

One might have thought that with the experience of how difficult it can be to unravel a system that has grown up over a number of years behind them, the goverment (or at least the civil service) might have put a bit more thought into how we might extricate ourselves from the EU but then again the Lord Chancellor’s been a consitutional mainstay since at least 1066 and we’ve only been in the EU since the 70’s.

1 Like

Is this the part where someone claims this cannot possibly be an accident and demands for the conspirators in the assassination plot to be rounded up immediately?

1 Like

Fox & Friends apologizes for announcing death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who lives

9 Likes

… and get it right!

2 Likes
3 Likes

OAi

8 Likes

SNL-kate-mckinnon-ginsburn

8 Likes

Hmm, her ribs were injured after a “fall”…:thinking:

1 Like

I think they’re more properly called “Jabots”.

as in

4 Likes

snm

1 Like

Necessary:

It becomes especially problematic if you spend every second of every day dreaming of when you will finally get to push that button, and roleplaying pushing the button with the interns you’re currently sexually harassing is a major turn on.

Nowadays, Ken is considered quite the lefty, relatively speaking. (Brexit being the yardstick ofr all things these days.)

Not any more.

2 Likes

I saw House of Cards!

2 Likes

I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen her smile.

1 Like