Fox News accidentally puts up a poll graphic that shows how they are the least trusted network

*WHOM

Only a looser makes this error.

3 Likes

More likely the guy who did it already had another job lined up.

1 Like

I assume people were asked “How much do you trust x ?”

From here the numbers show huge scepticism across the board.
But Fox gets what they deserve. They are a politicised opinion channel and only do as well as they do by muddying the waters for others. But this is probably why they are also the least trusted and why Trump does even worse as its his go to tactic also.

I’m still shocked that 30% of respondents trust Fox News.

3 Likes

This couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Kurtz has been a bought-and-paid-for asset of the conservative right since long before he came out of the closet and went to Fox…back when he used to pretend to be a real journalist. I love that this mistake happened while he was on-air, and that he had to be the one to order the graphic taken down.

1 Like

I think it means FOX News only trusts trump around 20%.

I’ve always wanted to get one of these and mount it so the hour hand always points at the sun. (yes, with a calendar base so it would still track with the seasons… But that would have to be manually controlled, I’m only so obsessive after all!)

1 Like

Bravo & thank you!

2 Likes

cough “loser” xD

There’s definitely that.

I recall many years ago this one ABC newscast here in LA. It was a short gossipy item about a couple of NY celebs. At the end of it, very loudly and disdainfully, from off-camera, viewers clearly heard, “Who cares.” The look (stunned glares) on the faces of the two-person news desk team said it all. Gee. Wonder what happened to that person.

1 Like

It’s already been pointed out, but the headline and the whole article is misleading. Did you not watch the video? The graphic was put up intentionally mere moments after being shown mistakenly. Surprising choice by BB, given that Fox News is so full of effluvia that you shouldn’t need to misrepresent them for a chortle.

1 Like

I think I see what you did (hopefully deliberately) there.

But on the other hand if not (and just for fun), I am not familiar with the noun “makes” you use, (especially as singular nouns ending in a single ‘s’ are less common, and you did say “a makes”), nor whether some makes are or are not tighter or looser than others, but despite this ignorance even I can see that there is no verb in your sentence. “Only a looser makes VERB this error.” And I’d appreciate clarity on whether the implication is that tighter makes do not do whatever it is to/with this error, and what the level of looseness is that results in sufficiently loose makes doing it.

Oh!! (Facepalm.)

NOW it all makes sense! :wink:

(Still, would a “whoosh” be appropriate as a response to your post, or was I giving petzl too much credit in suspecting s/he posted a deliberately wry grammatical point? Only petzl knows, and maybe their silence on the point might be best, or else one of us is going to be disappointed.)

Well, at least petzl kept up the Olde Internet Tradition that any post correcting someone else’s grammar or spelling will inevitably contain an error of its own. (-:

(Personally, I thought it was both deliberate and funny, myself. Please don’t spoil my illusions.) (-:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.