Fox News affiliate reports on Telsa's massive purchase of "bitcorn"

Originally published at: Fox News affiliate reports on Telsa's massive purchase of "bitcorn" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What happens when the kernel pops?

colonel-kernel

14 Likes

I give it a few hours until Bitcorn is an actual cryptocurrency. 24 hours after that it will be valued at at least $5k per CRN, with brownouts in cities around the world occurring sporadically.

20 Likes

At least there is some corporeal object attached to the value of the currency. And it’s yellow. ish

8 Likes

Isn’t this an affiliate of the Fox network (home of The Simpsons) rather than Fox News?

5 Likes

bitcorn is a cryptocurrency stored on specialized wallets called cobs. the cob is a public address and the bitcorn can only be removed from the cob using private keys which the bitcorn network refers to as t.o.o.t.h.s Totally Obviously Osome Tight and Heavy security . bitcorn is a privacy based crypto currency and physical bitcorns can be eaten to bypass security… and recovered later.

21 Likes

Now, if Ernie Anastos had some bitcorn, what do you suppose his recommendation would be to see it multiply? :thinking:

Bit corn has served me well for decades as a medium of exchange between the corncob and my stomach.

General I’ve always bit corn and kept on biting until all the corn was gone.

2 Likes

Elotes (corn cob/ear) vehicles! TeslaTaco trucks on every corner!

6 Likes

Better bitcorn than shitcorn, I suppose…

1 Like

What could be more American than a corn-based cryptocurrency? With this one, you farm it instead of mining it.

5 Likes

It’s the Great Bitcorn Holio!

2 Likes

But if you GPU used to farm bitcorn overheats do you get bitpopcorn, bitpolenta or bittortillas?

1 Like

Will probably go well with the Hot Doge coin.

5 Likes

They really need to do something about that level of confusion overall. You’d think Disney would want to make that distinction clear, too!

2 Likes

Possibly this one

1 Like

also bitcorn was created by unknown developer named tasoshi makanoto which is an anagram for “so a man took a shit” mabey satoshi is jeff bezos and its all part of the the plan image
also this piqued my interest today.

3 Likes

Fox News affiliate reports on Telsa’s massive purchase of “bitcorn”

Telsa, eh?

7 Likes

Actually the Fox Broadcasting Company and Fox News are both owned by Fox Corporation which was spun out of the Disney merger. Disney owns The Simpsons but not the network it’s first broadcast on. That being said, the local news on a Fox station has little to do with Fox News.

2 Likes

Well the station in this case, WNYW is owned and operated by Fox Television. So while it is not Fox News, it is still beholding to corporate and not just an affiliate getting prime time programming from Fox.

1 Like