Fox News cuts away from Kayleigh McEnany mid-lie about Trump election fraud

Yes, four REPUBLICAN senators.

I’ve edited the post to reflect that, and thanks.

5 Likes

USA nazists aren’t a new thing.
They need a leader and for now they have found it.
If the United States had a two-turn ballot, there would probably be both a liberal party and a far-right party, as in France, Germany or Italy.
Having a single big party makes far right and moderate right questions mixed together.

10 Likes

I hate to break this to you, but chances are very very low that he will be going to prison. I’d be surprised if he’s even charged with anything. If he is charged, all he will get is a fine or some other slap on the wrist. It’s more likely that he personally won’t have anything bad happen to him.

He is undoubtedly a crook, but he’s a RICH crook. Rich people don’t (or very rarely) go to prison for financial shenanigans.

6 Likes

The exception being when those rich people directly steal a significant amount of net worth from a whole bunch of other rich people (see Madoff). Unless Biff’s caught doing that (and the only millionaires he preys on are the temporarily embarrassed kind) I agree that it’s likely he won’t end up in prison.

9 Likes

Had to fix that to ground it in reality. He is not a successful businessman or even a skilled crook, just a mooch of the highest order, constantly borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

13 Likes

When not complete idiots at Fox realize all of their water carrying for Turmp and owning the libs opinion pieces to get more viewers might actually fuck up our Democracy and they are like “Oh shit…”

Meanwhile, since Fox News seems to have reached its limit to how far they want to radicalize people, many of them are screaming, “Harder, Daddy!” and going to Newsmax and OAN.

6 Likes

I think the most apparent thing about this is that McEnitwit is doing the exact same thing as the other press secretaries…claiming she’d be honest with us, but doing the exact opposite. I just don’t see how this administration thinks anybody with a working brain believes them.

8 Likes

Roger Ailes founded Fox News in response to Watergate. He knew that if there was a conservative propaganda outlet in place, Watergate wouldn’t have been such a big deal and Nixon would have stayed as popular as ever. But ever since his untimelyabsolutely timely death of hemophilia after being disgraced by sexual harassment scandals, Fox News has decided they’re not beholden to him anymore.

7 Likes

Who knew it was that easy to cut away from Trump’s lies?

Earlier this year a Canadian broadcast cut away from a Trump ‘news’ conference with the simple statement of “We will return to the conference if there is anything newsworthy to report.”

14 Likes

I just don’t see how this administration thinks anybody with a working brain believes them.

There are enough people without one that they don’t need people with working brains.

3 Likes

except he’s not – he’s good at PRETENDING he’s rich, but he’s definitely very, very broke.

15 Likes

At least 47% people who are ok with white supremacists. The whole ‘I’m not a racist but not affected by racism so it doesn’t bother me’ crowd, which is apparently vast.

11 Likes

The only downside I can picture is if they try to out-right one another like Republican primary candidates do. Could the public discourse get worse? It feels impossible but maybe I lack imagination.

6 Likes

Maybe they could set up a studio at the prison he will be incarcerated at. The rest of the inmates can get valuable job training, and he can continue working with his friends and family

They never left. The houseflies that made up the TP underwent a reverse metamorphosis to become MAGAts.

9 Likes

And a good chunk of the other 53% is the ‘OMG racism how uncouth just kidding I’m actually a racist too’ crowd

7 Likes

List of burn centers in Canada.Jpeg

5 Likes

I think that distinction is meaningless at this point. It’s pretty settled law here on the BBS that if you’re okay with racists, you’re a racist. Saying “lowering my taxes” is a goal for which you’re willing to put up with increasing massive systemic racism to achieve, means the violent oppression of millions is a low priority for you. That makes you a racist who happens to also like low taxes.

12 Likes

24 Likes

american voters you mean. not everyone can or does vote, even in this election.

10 Likes

First off, near as I can tell, ALL politics in the US can be defined as being post Watergate. The war has been terrible and bloody ever since.
To your post…
While Ailes and many other Republicans were bitter and vengeful over the entire Nixon fiasco, I doubt that Fox News launched in 1996 was a direct result of Ailes feeling sore about the Nixonian past. By that time over 20 years had passed. Ailes/Murdoch/Fox was always more about controlling the future.
Murdoch himself has always been a slime ball weasel, and I mean long before the US ever heard of the guy. Power and money have always been his game, and a global cable outlet was in the works, with or without Ailes.
Fox is Murdoch. Ailes was his henchman.