Fox News dumps Lou Dobbs in wake of huge lawsuit

Thoughts and prayers.

4 Likes

Good!
Fuck that motherfucker up!

2 Likes

What’s the over/under on him having a show on OANN within a week?

2 Likes

I read the headline as Fox News dumps Lou Dobbs in lake of huge lawsuit. Obviously drains into shit creek.

3 Likes

Clearly they didn’t expect to be sued. And also, they probably thought that the libel laws wouldn’t apply to them during Trump*'s second term after the coup.

5 Likes

No honour amoungst thieves/GOP. It’s like a race to prove who can be the biggest asshole for bragging rights/posterity.

4 Likes

Fox claims the move had been “under consideration” prior to the lawsuit. Yeah, just cancel their top-rated show for the heck of it. That’s about as believable as:
pslw2

13 Likes

OK. Lying about immigrants, liberals, liberal politicians, Jews, policy, taxes, entire nations, etc. and nothing can be done. Lying about a corporation-- OH NO WE CAN’T HAVE ANY OF THAT!

This system sucks.

16 Likes

It’s a bit more believable given that the show wasn’t making money because Dobbs fabulism and Trump sycophancy were toxic to advertisers. Freedom from federal Trump retribution now that he’s finally out of office likely has as much to do with it as the lawsuit.

2 Likes

He’s going to cost them BILLIONS, and then he’s going to sue them for wrongful termination and he’ll probably win and have to pay him hundreds of MILLIONS. It’s all so schadenfreudelicious!

7 Likes

The depositions can’t happen soon enough.

Fox has said the suits are meritless, but I suspect that Fox management actually think the exact opposite and know they are screwed. Don’t know if they will try to brazen it out in court or do the smart thing and settle as quickly as possible.

7 Likes

A simple fact or two:
Firing Dobbs now will have exactly no effect on the lawsuit.
But maybe more germane: Dobbs had an audience of ~300k and one historically piece of shit – now ex- – POTUS. Given his time with Fox, Dobbs must be receiving a larger salary than warranted by his sub-niche audience. At the same time, Fox’s ratings have taken of a huge hit of late. Exact reasons are unknown – probably a mix of the audience leaving for Newsmax and ONAN for more intense highs, lack of engagement and, given Fox’s demographics (very old), the audience literally dying. Yet, I think there’s still questions of why and, again, the drop in numbers is huge. (I guess that the drop can be presumed to be permanent.) So there’s no good reason for Fox to hold on to Dobbs. But again, much more likely re the numbers than a lawsuit.

4 Likes

Interesting.
And even if they used the lawsuit as an excuse, it seems weird to say, “in the wake of” the lawsuit, as that implies the lawsuit has happened and this is part of what it’s leaving behind.
I very much look forward to the lawsuit playing out, so don’t want to skip past that part. I hope it goes to trial, but even a nice hefty settlement should send the right message.

3 Likes

Reminds me of Les Nesman’s “Chy-chy Rodrigweez”.

6 Likes

They may have been counting on the Trumpsurrection to be successful, in which case, they wouldn’t have to worry about any legal liability for their libelous speech. Their Hair Furor would have just thrown any suits out. They let you when you’re a fascist dictator.

6 Likes

Which brings up the Mexican city and tiny dog “Chi-hua-hua”.

4 Likes

Looks like they applied The Formula, and ol’ Lou came up short.

2 Likes

Will Faux News use the “no reasonable viewer takes Tucker Carlson seriously” argument in defense of Dobbs?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.