Fox offended after Biden dares to say "all women and men are created equal"

Gee, if only someone at Fox news had a dictionary:

par·a·phrase

/ˈperəˌfrāz/
verb

1. express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.
6 Likes

They want to go back to the days where only land owning, white males in their mid thirties can vote.

14 Likes

What was accomplished and the document itself are indeed quite remarkable, but sacred? Puh-lease.

And I’m sure the notion of worshipping false idols is completely lost on the part of their viewership that is supposedly christian.

13 Likes

“No man” can be read as humans (and perhaps other federation members) contacting aliens for the first time. “No one” implies that the crew of the enterprise are experiencing completely novel phenomenon, unseen by even the Borg, or Species 8472. It’s obsolete to use “Man” as generic homo sapiens, but the replacement seems inexact.

3 Likes

Next time he should say all men are created equal and women superior to them just to see the GQP lose it.

6 Likes

“That’s not what the founders wrote. Apparently the sacred words of our founding fathers weren’t inclusive enough…”

That’s just it, “our founding fathers” — being of their time — likely did not think women to be the equal of men.

12 Likes

My pedantic and nerdy heart was always just a little annoyed that they didn’t go with “no human.”

10 Likes

“Founding Fathers” rotating in their graves at high speed upon hearing people call their texts, designed to be altered, as sacred:
“We didn’t start a religion, and it’s not a fucking theocracy, guys! That was kind of the point of it all…”

15 Likes

Democratic National Convention Progress GIF by Election 2016

12 Likes

What about amendments? That’s different. The founders didn’t… what’s that? 1 sometimes and 2 are ok? Ok but the founders didnt… oh ok, see you later then…

4 Likes

FTFY.

12 Likes

Probably a doctrine shared by many other smaller churches, but the Mormon version is the most notorious.

8 Likes

Can you repeat that again, loudly, for those “originalists” in the judiciary? :pleading_face:

18 Likes

If she could go back to the time of the founding fathers, they could tell her to go make a sammich.

smh.

11 Likes

You know, there were some Americans who explicitly disagreed with even saying that all men were created equal, and ultimately tried founding their own country on the cornerstone that some races were inferior. Recently their flag was carried into the capitol building. Fox has generally supported them.

25 Likes

“Batteries and Fox hosts not included.”

Many of the Founding Fathers wouldn’t have been too thrilled with her having a job and getting paid for it.

Of course, I’m not too thrilled with her having a job and getting paid for entirely different reasons.

9 Likes

Well, now you’re just fixing for a fight! Them’s sacred documents handed to our white ancestors by God Himself!

You see if they fetishize them enough, then they can do the same thing that they do to other “sacred” documents by misquoting them or taking snippets out of context, then using them to push their own agenda. I mean, if you looked at these documents as inherently flawed from the source, and something that should be examined and modified as needed to keep up with a modernizing society, then you’d have to have open honest debate and nobody wants that. I mean, if you can have reasonable and rational discussions where you can’t point to something as an immutable truth, then how can you bend people to your will?

10 Likes

I don’t know about men, but all chipmunks are created Squeakquel…

That’s the Squacred Truth.

3 Likes

Next he’ll want to include cats and dogs!

2 Likes