Fox to remake The Rocky Horror Picture Show

2 Likes

That sounds much more awesome than my actual experience. :smiley:

1 Like

Never saw it in a theater or with any of the bells and whistles of audience participation. But I did see it for the first time, with my first girlfriend in high school, with our hands down each otherā€™s pants.

I would expect that seems like an appropriate viewing experience for the movie :wink:

4 Likes

You string that many prepositional phrases together, you leave yourself open to a lot of creative interpretations.

4 Likes

And all of them are awesome.

3 Likes

hereā€™s a smattering of commas: ,

Go hogwild

4 Likes

It was pretty awesome at the time.

I only ended up as her boyfriend because she had a big fight with the guy before me. Then she started talking about a different guy ā€œAlexā€ who was in college and, like, 22, when she and I were both 17.

Then she started talking about how she was spending the night at ā€œAlexā€™sā€ place when she had the green light from my parents to stay at my place if she had any family trouble.

Then we had no-condom sex a few times while she claimed to be on the pill, and she said she was pregnant because of vomiting (something she did all the time anyway).

She then refused to even do a pharmacy-bought pregnancy test for me (she cited indignity).

After that there was a ā€œmiscarriageā€ (which Iā€™m pretty sure was a heavy adolescent period, if she was on the pill, unless she was lying to me about that too).

Then my therapist said itā€™s probably a good idea to dump her, which I did against my will, even though my judgement said it was the right idea.

And Iā€™ve been sexually and emotionally screwed up and untrusting of women (but still sexually fine with men (Iā€™m one of those ā€œrareā€ male bisexuals)) ever since.

Iā€™m not one to slut shame, but really, it was a ā€œVillage Bicycleā€ situation, and I shouldnā€™t have gotten so attached to her because she had a reputation of serial cheating and I was an inexperienced conservative asshole at the time.

I didnā€™t have the mental temperment or fortitude to handle dating someone who was also seeing other people. She never really wanted to be monogomous, but she decided to tell me she was because I was in some way interesting to her, and monogomy was central to my idea of a relationship with her, even though the whole thing started out as she and I cheating together on her current boyfriend.

Nowadays I canā€™t really be angry at her for what she did.

We were young and stupid and really wanted to fuck. But the infrastructural limitations of being non-driverā€™s-licensed teens screwed up a lot of things, and my inexperience and immaturity and deep-seeded dishonesty (caused by a school system that required parents to be involved with such things as recess and small peer groups+parent chaperone) coupled with her immaturity and dishonesty (I donā€™t know why she was dishonest or to exactly what degree) put us in a doomed relationship.

2 Likes

When I was in 7th grade mom used to let me pick a movie from the rental store on Fridays. The cover caught my eye and from the title thought this was related to Little Shop of Horrors.

Watched it Saturday afternoon on the couch next to my mum. Awkward. There were the parts I knew I should feel awkward about watching it with my mom, and there were oh so many parts I didnā€™t even understand but knew I should be feeling awkward about.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.