Foxconn wants Wisconsin to keep paying it billions, but it won't disclose what kind of factory it will build

Woo’s three paragraph letter… and – more importantly – shmeering a few politicians… should do the trick for Foxconn.

Shmerred politicians: “See? Look! A letter! We’re good to go!”

1 Like

I for one hope…

3 Likes

Who knew that reality was far freakier than this show?

1 Like

They’re republicans. Getting them to sell out someone else in exchange for cash is basically all they manage to do with any consistency. Foxconn knew exactly who they were fleecing.

3 Likes

Waazat? Looks cool

I gotta admit, if I could convince someone to give me billions of dollars, I wouldn’t want them to stop either.

It’s a … clock. Yeah, sure it is, definitely. (Watchmen series.)

1 Like

So, um…

1 Like

House of Cards is an Americanized version of a BBC Drama, based on a series of books from the late 80’s/Early 90’s.

I will chalk it up to Art Imitating Life becoming Life Imitating Art in an endless cycle.

2 Likes

In before Trump tries to bully Wisconsin in court after Foxconn “donates” to campaign fund.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s that, you’re not wrong.
It’s… I don’t really buy that line.
Some US lawmakers are nefarious as fuck (naf); Tom DeLay, Newt Gingrich, some are stupid and/or mean and/or bigoted, and/or lots of other bad things.
But also they are people who go to work on their working days and see the same people day in and out.
Many of us are miserable much of the time, many of us try to ameliorate some of that… I’m going to say miserableness (misery is overstating) in getting along with the people we see all the time.

It’s not that shit like in that book/show/show don’t happen.
I’m not on board that it’s a depiction of what US/UK political life is always like.

Long story long, this shit that we are living through now is not normal, not normal at all.

2 Likes

Hook, line, sinker and copy of the Angling Times.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.