Fox's Chris Wallace to Reince Priebus "You don't get to tell us what to do."

FOX’s primary goal to make money above all else. Perhaps they’ll realize (or are already realizing) that a vast majority of the U.S. dislikes Trump, and that’s an opportunity to grow their audience / bottom line.

7 Likes

Oh, c’mon. 90% of what Trump is doing is on the GOP playlist: cutting taxes relentlessly, destroying Obamacare, gutting EPA/IRS/Education/Sciences/Arts, severely conservative judges/SCOTUS, gutting Consumer protection/Wall Street oversight, throwing money at the military, anti-abortion, pro-Christan. Fox is falling over themselves to slobber at Trump’s jackboots. There’s just no daylight between Fox and Trump (except for the odd Shep Smith freakout).

5 Likes

What a strange world it would be if Fox ended up being the one to lead the charge to unseat trump…

22 Likes

Ok, that addresses policy. But it doesn’t really address the crazy.

7 Likes

Fox has always been the propaganda arm of the GOP, but both Fox and the rest of the GOP are in a weird position now: if Trump keeps being Trump and begins to hurt the party then what is Fox supposed to do? Wallace pushing back like this is probably an attempt to help Trump fix his mess for the sake of the GOP, but a narcissistic child like Trump can’t see that.

11 Likes

Well, they do criticize Trumpism in some ways, because it helps maintain for their viewers a facade of objectivity. “See, we really are Fair and Balanced!”

10 Likes

14 Likes

Good one; is that your handiwork?

1 Like

Oh, I see! And here I’ve been thinking he put the tater in it.

6 Likes

Via the Tumblr… I’m just not that good…

4 Likes

That’s debatable, I’m sure.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

this is insulting to the male genitalia

11 Likes

Of course it is; the male genitalia is actually useful sometimes.

11 Likes

Exactly! I have always thought it odd that genitalia words are the biggest insults, but (I think – or maybe it’s just me or just for men but I don’t think so) one of our favorite body parts. [ edited for typos ]

5 Likes

I dunno about having favorites, that may indeed be a guy thing; but it is weird how our society uses reproductive body parts as slurs.

Especially ‘pussy’; because that’s not at all a “weak” muscle - it’s strong, highly resilient and vital to the survival of most mammalian species.

15 Likes

Cursing and insults are different based on the cultural background. The Anglosphere uses sexual language for insults and curses: fuck, cunt, bitch etc. Francophone and scandinavian countries use religious language, german speaking countries use insults related to defecation.

If you’re further interested in the topic Steven Pinker analyzed the shit out of this phenomenon:

11 Likes

Oh I am! Thanks! Will read that on the plane!

1 Like

If the media is the enemy of the American People, who is the friend?

6 Likes

I don’t want to take anything away from Pinker, but if you are looking for a book length thing-to-read, this one is great:

6 Likes

That’s cold, brutal, and cutting. Congratulations Mr. Wallace, fine work.

1 Like