France's Front National (who support the EU's mandatory copyright filters) furious when Youtube's copyright filters kill their channel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/17/three-days-left.html

7 Likes

snl-stefon-laugh-cry

22 Likes

Few things are more satisfying in politics than watching fascists get hoisted with their own petards.

They’re having IP issues in other areas, too:

18 Likes

Indeed! Brings me a bit of joy!

8 Likes

21 Likes

Front National has never been known for consistency.

7 Likes

…one of the largest partners in the far-right block in the EU, France’s Front National, just had its YouTube channel “TVLibertés” deleted because Content ID claimed it contained copyright infringement,

Apparently the infringement claim was posted by one A. Hitler.

14 Likes

XS5LK

11 Likes

Now we see if they’re capable of learning from shooting themselves in the foot.

4 Likes

I doubt it. This is the Front National we’re talking about here.

5 Likes

The lack of self-awareness in Le Pen calling this “arbitrary, political, and unilateral” is dumbfounding. Yeah, your own policy, you Aryan twit!

As much as I enjoy watching fascists immolate, watching them take their countries down with them as they sell us all to the cagier authoritarians is less fun.

9 Likes

That is what they do. Fascists talk about race, god, and country, but in reality, they are only after wealth and power.

How we stop the collateral damage, I just don’t know, I’m afraid. Maybe all we can do is undo whatever we can once their done and people start waking up.

7 Likes

And hate.

4 Likes

Yes, of course. But they also talk of love, of “their people and their country.” It’s a weird rhetorical dance, which assumes that love necessarily rests of hate of whatever they’ve decided is the internal threat. With the current party, it’s immigrants from Africa and the Middle East, it used to be Jews. Their love of country is used to justify their attacks on the supposed other.

5 Likes

Yup. But once the people realize the promises of fascists are hallow and reject them, there’s people like Dick Cheney waiting to pick up the weaponized policies.

Not that he was the first, but the shadow of Joseph Goebbels looms long in Alt-Right politics. I always wonder how many consciously imitate his propaganda tools and how many it’s just convergent evolution.

7 Likes

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.
George Bernard Shaw.

That’s pretty much how I see it too, Mr Shaw.
But you can quote me on “Fuck Le Pen.”

8 Likes

As @Melizmatic would say, hard pass. But Le Pen and her MEPs can…

8 Likes

7 Likes

tumblr_o1xc0ptxkC1uluepno1_500

9 Likes

Yeah, but aside from wealth and greed and hate; what have the Fascists ever done for us?

2 Likes