Fraudster Jim Bakker is hawking "medicinal seeds"

Forsythia seeds, perhaps?

2 Likes

Can he just be struck by lightning already?

Yep, these days, if you can turn a crime into a white collar crime, it isn’t (an enforced) crime at all… or at worst, you get to pay a fine. But since that “penalty” is consistently less than the profit from the crime, the fine is just a cost of doing business.

9 Likes

Someone needs to tell this grifting huckster asshole the 1990s called and Sensi seeds already did this :wink:

3 Likes

Will he take payment of a cow for his magic beans? Listen to ‘The Dream’ podcast season 2 to see how the FDA was taken out back of the woodshed and shot with respect to the regulation of the ‘Wellness’ industry.

3 Likes

I know it is wrong to wish ill on another human being… I know.

3 Likes

Such an unoriginal grift, as well.

He’s literally selling magic beans.

5 Likes

If you’re dumb enough to buy Jim’s bs…than you got what’s coming to you.

1 Like

MLMers are hawking anything that “boosts immune system” as COVID-19 fighters.

https://behindmlm.com/companies/riway-scammers-promoting-purtier-as-covid-19-treatment/

1 Like

Magic beans? Ive heard that story before somewhere…

4 Likes

So, if the judge had given no reason, and simply sentenced him without the rebuke (and reversible error), Bakker might have remained in jail far longer. Sad!

Although, I can’t help having a lurking feeling that it was the religious belief of the appeals judge that was in conflict with the religious belief of the trial judge. The appeals judge himself was evangelical and, so, he injected his religious beliefs into the relief of the Bakker’s sentence.

2 Likes

No, no, see that’s religious freedom! Taste it! Taste the freedom!

I always hated Jim Bakker, so imagine my surprise at how much I enjoyed the show One Punk Under God about his son Jay. Yes, apparently the same son Jay mentioned in an earlier post as starting a petition to get his dad leniency. The show clearly showed Jay as conflicted about his father’s version of Christianity and reaching out to those populations usually excluded from mainstream and evangelical churches. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892398/

1 Like

Maybe he picked up some tips from his cellmate?

3 Likes

When I was in college I had a summer job working with a guy whose dad was similarly disgraced televangelist faith-healing scumbag Peter Popoff. The guy seemed like a decent enough fellow at the time but I later learned he joined the family business after Popoff Sr. somehow clawed his way back from humiliation and bankruptcy to reestablish himself as a faith-healing televangelist for the black community.

Getting rid of these guys is like trying to flush a particularly tenacious cockroach. They seem to have a knack for crawling back up from the bottom.

3 Likes

“Just think of all the potential marks we’re missing!”

2 Likes

SHH!!!

That’s my backup plan. It grows wild around here and I’ve actually used it as TP on a backpacking trip (don’t ask).

If you let people know about it, I guarantee you that some dumb a-hole is going to go out and harvest it all.

3 Likes

Be Big or Get Busted.

Like anyone needed another reason to hate durrshowicz.

1 Like

A 5 second search reveals he’s only selling these at a 200% markup over other survivalist sources. What a rube.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.