Fraudulent elector compares legal stress to cancer diagnosis in desperate fundraiser

Originally published at: Fraudulent elector compares legal stress to cancer diagnosis in desperate fundraiser | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Maybe she’ll find out on her next doctors visit

5 Likes

It also serves to deflect attention away from the stark reality of her predicament: that she is in hot water because of her own actions, not due to some random health crisis thrown her way.

truth preach GIF

10 Likes

She’s not wholly inaccurate.

She just doesn’t realize that she is the cancer here.

13 Likes

As a cancer survivor myself,

SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU LOSER HARRIDAN!!

FAFO has entered its final phase.

14 Likes

Comparison fail. Cancer is not the natural consequences of committing a crime.

9 Likes

“I’ve described it to people as being diagnosed with cancer. I think that’s probably what it’s like. You just don’t know if you’re going to survive it or not.”

Except it’s exactly not like that, because you damn well know that you are going to survive. If you’re comparing someone’s literal survival to your experiencing the consequences of your actions, that’s a pretty fucked up equivalency.

I’m definitely not wishing this person would get cancer, but if she did get cancer, it would be perversely appropriate.

If she had spent years stealing and guzzling down carcinogens, it would be true - and she’d not be getting much sympathy, I suspect… and she’s not even remotely facing those kind of consequences.

10 Likes

Oh fuck right off, lady; I hope you rot in a cell for the rest of your days.

Cancer isn’t generally something that people do to themselves.

17 Likes

This may very well be the only time I root for “cancer” to win.

3 Likes

Unless it’s a Plutonium heist. (Looking at you, Emmet Brown!)

5 Likes

As always, fraudsters of all stripes roll out the bogus health sob stories when it’s time to face the consequences.

5 Likes

Also, it really stinks because it sucks the life out of pleas from folks who have legitimate reasons to ask for help through social media. :angry:

6 Likes

Of course, these wouldn’t be as prevalent in a country with a civilized health insurance system.

5 Likes

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

3 Likes

Maybe she meant she feels like her host just got diagnosed with cancer, and radiation therapy starts tomorrow!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.