Frazetta sweatta

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/30/ho-ho-hold-my-axe.html

7 Likes

The Grinch’s ugly Christmas sweater.

6 Likes

Also available as a Molly Hatchet sweater?

9 Likes

I’m holding out for an N. C. Wyeth waistcoat.

7 Likes

That’s not really knitted, is it? Or is this picture just an “artist’s conception”?

It’s a neat idea and I dig the aesthetic, but if it’s just screen-printing on a sweatshirt, then it rather lacks authenticity – or at least, it’s going to look particularly shabby once it starts wearing out. Is this a common thing now?

3 Likes

5 Likes

awesome, as a Molly Hatchet appreciator, this is perfect.

5 Likes

It is a knitted sweater. (Only one left at posting.)

3 Likes

the sweater in the image is wrinkled, but the artwork is not …

EDIT:

this bit looks especially shoopy

sweater

11 Likes

Needs more ass. I mean, I know that The Death Dealer is iconic Frazetta, but really, needs some The Return of Jongar up in this piece to make me think of wearing a sweater. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The original listing was from before the item was produced:

Please note: This is a pre-order. Due to high demand and production times, this item will not ship until March 2018.

So it’s possible the photo is a mockup of a design that would be executed entirely through knitting and that they just never bothered to create a new photo from the production run. But I agree that the listing could be more clear on how the design is executed.

5 Likes

With a sweater like that, who needs pants?

17 Likes

I guess it’s that time of year again.

3 Likes

17bbee57fbdeae9a5e6ddf53f3b0d07ddc35792c_2_690x345

11 Likes

@smulder

kickstarter shows this exact item; here’s part of the description:

Pictured above is a digital proof- we’ll have actual fabric and sample pics in an update to follow!

1 Like

Here is the final product. Definitely knit. Pretty faithful to the mockup.

http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2018/11/01/death-dealer-ugly-sweater-shipping-now-for-the-holidays/

11 Likes

Needs more Iron Maiden.

1 Like

Now that’s actually not bad at all. And you can soothe your upset grandmom by telling her the axe is intended to gather Christmas trees.

6 Likes

I wish I still had my Ral Partha figure of Death Dealer. This is maybe the first ugly Christmas sweater I’d actually wear.

6 Likes

Is this where we all come out as Frazetta fans? Cuz I have about 25 classic Frazettas saved on my phone that I go straight to to entertain myself when I’m stuck somewhere without a data connection…

5 Likes