Fred Perry kills its yellow-tipped black polo shirt, denounces fascist appropriators

Seems like a situation where a “Welcome Comrade” post would be unusually appropriate, well, except for the “Welcome” part…

3 Likes

Jawohl!

Ripping off is practically the definition of conservative. They don’t create, take, steal, pervert.
So in this case, they’re only acting in their nature.

Somehow, I’ve managed to lose enough weight over these past six months that I’m able to fit into some old trousers. (Not khakis; dressier than one might need in the average workplace.) They’re all pleated…

(Also found some old shorts that fit again; I do not recall ever wearing them that short.)

(So you’re saying, don’t do that? I was renovating my older pairs of black jeans that way, and it seemed to work.)

This happens more and more often, when I find a shirt that I otherwise like. I’ve heard it attributed to a decline in cigarette smoking.

I think you’re onto something.
Let’s suggest Fred Perry create a line of fascist pants where you’re led to believe they have pockets, but when you go to stick your hand in them, you’re enraged to find out it was… imitation pockets! Only the coin pocket works!
Neo Nazis will be so livid… it’ll be glorious.

2 Likes

So, pretty much every pair of pants sold to women? :-/

3 Likes

A decade-long brush with retail and hospitality industry jobs leaves bad associations with the required polo-shirt uniform for me. Never again.

Can we do it the other way around?

I am fine with khakis but cannot stand polo shirts.

“we are working with our lawyers to pursue any unlawful use of our brand”
We are all fighting the good fight here, but am I the only one who is slightly uneasy reading this?

In context,that doesn’t make me uneasy because I read it as them saying they would be working with their lawyers to crack down on counterfeit goods and knockoffs that Proud Boys might produce that use their laurel wreath logo.

If they meant that they are going to try and use the law to prevent undesirables from wearing their shirt, then yeah, that’s more concerning (despite the fact that I consider Proud Boys to be about as undesirable as a person can be). But I don’t think that’s what they mean.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.