Freedom From Big Tech Caucus announced using Twitter for iPhone

Originally published at: Freedom From Big Tech Caucus announced using Twitter for iPhone | Boing Boing

4 Likes

this is just the free-range stupidity of some of the stupidest people in congress.

Happy she’s not alone.

16 Likes

I suppose you can defend this from the “Yet you participate in society!” perspective?

Not really, insofar as they blew an opportunity to show how prevalent the tech monopolies are by pointing out that there are few other means to get the word out to their audience. Anyone with half a brain would have added in a disclaimer, but we’re talking about a Congressional rep who thinks it’s a good idea to pal around with fascists and white supremacists.

21 Likes

Republicans, eh? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

You mean to tell me that they didn’t use a Freedom Phone?

20 Likes

Meanwhile, a mere less-than-a-month ago:

“Tucker Carlson […] talked about how cowardly Simon & Schuster was for canceling books by Josh Hawley, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Candace Owens. He then told viewers to check out his new book being published by […] Simon & Schuster.”

12 Likes

25 Likes

No, they’re calling it the “Freedom From Big Tech Caucus” not the “We Should Regulate Big Tech Somewhat Caucus,” which may have had a chance of gaining support.

6 Likes

I think the term “pal around” is a misnomer. That implies the person is outside that group. She most certainly is one of them and in deep.

7 Likes

Freedom from tech, science, libs and live in gods grace can be yours if you have the fucking courage to live like the Amish do.

5 Likes

Really, they should have announce this on Gab, no wait…Parler…no wait, Rumble…no wait, Gettr…no wait, Trump’s beautifully crafted c2004 blog. Oh, right, there’s a reason why they still have to use twitter.

6 Likes

Eh even Amish cheat when it comes to that.

They use modern store bought scooters, have telephone shacks “for emergencies”, and use battery, propane or gas powered appliances, have solar panels.

https://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/.

6 Likes

It’s dumb, but as someone without social media… I get it (and believe me, I hate these jerks). If you’re trying to do anything political you’re probably severely hamstringing your efforts by not using Facebook and Twitter (especially on a federal level)… and that right there is a problem. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

3 Likes

They must have, since their message was not censored. Wait a minute…

4 Likes

If only they weren’t required to use big tech…

1 Like

Amish are pacifists, so their way of life is also anathema to the Republican death cult.

2 Likes

When I worked at an early childhood center, I had a colleague who was a traditional Mennonite with Amish parents. When taking about her parents’ solar panels, she joked that she liked to call solar power “Amish electric.” I didn’t feel it appropriate to snark at a colleague, but internally definitely had a little incredulous voice balk that it wasn’t “Amish electric,” some doctrinally-safe alternative to electricity, it was straight up ELECTRICITY.

1 Like

Freedom From Big Tech

4 Likes

It’s encouraging that they agree with President Biden that Facebook is killing people by enabling anti-vaccination propaganda.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.