Freeze Peach šŸ‘ (USA)

Itā€™s not. Your fascists keep exporting their ideology and terminology. Our media picks it up too.

Can you point to a single right-wing populist who cuts a dashing figure with suave rhetoric?

The idea that people vote for these parties because the candidates are so persuasive seems extremely dubious to me. They vote for them because they say all the racist shit their voters believe.

9 Likes

Issa Rae Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just look at Trump, FFS. Heā€™s the polar opposite of an attractive figure with suave rhetoricā€¦

14 Likes

No, the miscommunication is the other way. We advocate shunning and blocking them out, the other side of the fence is engaging and incorporating them into the norm. The lie being told is that the US shoved these views to the fringe, which is a rewriting of history.

The truth is that the US publicly debated even the grossest views on stage to show how stupid they are and publicly fought for their rights to give demonstrations and a platform in public forums. Quite famously even. Turns out, what happens when civil rights progresses is that the political backlash from it radicalized the voting population to the extremists who already broke bread at the same political table as everyone else thanks to robust debateā€”and suddenly their ranks grew in plain sight because they could still tie themselves to existing political groups tied to those extremists thanks to these robust public debates.

Turns out robust shunning and deplatforming might actually be the most effective method this entire time.

4 Likes

I think I havenā€™t got my point across, because the above is not what is happening in Germany. By and large they are being shouted down, not debated. And the media is not sympathetic to them since thereā€™s no equivalent of Fox News

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s my point, they are being ā€œcancelledā€ in Germany while extremists have a stranglehold on politics in the USā€”and itā€™s because we invited them into rigorous debate. Your point would imply Germany uses the entire inverse of the meanings of words and that they would be somehow missing that they agree with the other users approach here.

3 Likes

What makes you think I was referring to Trump?

Because you said

In this country, at this moment in history, right-wing populism is Donald Trump.

5 Likes
12 Likes

Audrey Hepburn Reaction GIF

10 Likes

There is a section of my office that typ has Fox News on all the wall monitors, theyā€™ve been tuned to a financial channel.

:thinking:

8 Likes

This seems like an effort to combine free (as a right) with free meaning no charge. Based on this report, a personā€™s right to create video recordings on federal land could be restricted when the services they use to store or publish content are operated for profit:

The National Mall in Washington DC is a national park (as well as many other popular sites managed by the NPS) so protests there could fall under this commercial filming definition. It seems like another angle similar to new anti-protest legislation (or anti-riot in FL, which made international news) and harsher penalties enacted for filming in reaction to the Black Lives Matter movement.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I always liked him.

ā€œItā€™s about time. Itā€™s about time we stop saying lots of the things that we say and itā€™s about time that we stopped not caring about things that we say that we donā€™t have to say, like words that we donā€™t have to use,ā€ Conan Oā€™Brienā€™s sidekick tells host Andy Levy on this bonus episode of The New Abnormal podcast. ā€œFor the most part, people that have gotten in trouble deserve to get in trouble. And the whole point of it is, five years ago they wouldnā€™t have gotten in trouble. So this is good.ā€

10 Likes

There are many reasons I love Andy Richter. But this is the top one:

7 Likes

More changes to National Park Service regulations: :woman_facepalming:t4:

9 Likes

Can I get an amen?

15 Likes
7 Likes

The AnCap oligarch and Christian Far Right freeze peach club. Oh my!

Free Speech Alliance

Domestic Partners:

• 60Plus Association
  • ACT for America
  • American Civil Rights Union, The
  • American Commitment
  • American Family Association
  • American Freedom Alliance
  • American Principles Project
  • American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family, and Property
  • American Spectator, The
  • American Target Advertising
  • American Thinker
  • American Values
  • Americans for Limited Government
  • Angel Pictures & Publicity
  • Catholic League
  • Center for Family and Human Rights (C-Fam)
  • Center for Military Readiness
  • Center for Security Policy
  • Center of the American Experiment
  • Chalkboard Review
  • Christian Broadcasting Network, The
  • Christian Film and Television Commission, The
  • Citizens for the Republic
  • Citizens United
  • Clare Boothe Luce Center for Conservative Women
  • CloutHub
  • Col. Allen West
  • Concerned Women for America
  • Conservative HQ
  • Conservative Partnership Institute
  • Convention of States
  • Eagle Forum
  • El American
  • Ethics and Public Policy Center
  • Family Research Council
  • For America
  • Free Our Internet
  • Free Speech Movement
  • Freedom Foundation
  • FreedomWorks
  • Heartland Institute, The
  • Human Events
  • Independent Womenā€™s Forum
  • Independent Womenā€™s Voice
  • Intercollegiate Studies Institute
  • Leadership Institute
  • Liberty Counsel
  • Life Site
  • LifeNews . com
  • Live Action
  • Lone Conservative
  • Martin Organization, The
  • National Association of Scholars
  • National Center for Public Policy Research
  • National Organization for Marriage
  • National Security Investment Consultant Institute, The
  • National Tax-Limitation Committee
  • Parents Defending Education
  • Parler
  • PragerU
  • Project Veritas
  • Radiance Foundation
  • Raven Strategies
  • Regnery Publishing
  • Shirley & Banister Public Affairs
  • Southwest Public Policy Institute
  • Speech First
  • Students For Life
  • Susan B. Anthony List
  • Tea Party Patriots Citizen Fund
  • The Babylon Bee
  • The Heritage Foundation
  • The MRC | Americaā€™s Media Watchdog
  • The Schpiel
  • The Western Journal
  • Tradition Family Property
  • WND
  • Women For Trump
  • Young Americaā€™s Foundation

State Partners:

• Centennial Institute
  • Claremont Institute, The
  • Eagle Forum of Alabama
  • Granite Institute
  • Louisiana Family Forum
  • MacIver Institute
  • New York Young Republican Club
  • Oklahoma Wesleyan University
  • Rio Grande Foundation

International Partners:

• Australian Institute for Progress
  • Brasil Paralelo
  • Cercle Droit & LibertĆ©
  • CitizenGo
  • Ciudadano Austral
  • Crossroads
  • Family Watch International
  • FundaciĆ³n Disenso
  • Ideas Republicanas
  • Tocqueville Fellowship, The
  • Warsaw Enterprise Institute

Media Research Center is run by the third iteration of Brent Bozell. The fourth iteration was charged for January 6th.

10 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes