Freshly harvested potato on chip factory conveyor belt... wasn't that.

Originally published at: Freshly harvested potato on chip factory conveyor belt… wasn't that. | Boing Boing

3 Likes

A grenade weighs about 8 times as much as a potato. You’d think that the harvesting system would be able to differentiate between a rock and a potato, and this is twice as dense as a rock.

7 Likes

German grenades were nicknamed potato mashers.

9 Likes

Theoretically it could make a lot of hash.

I’ve got a training grenade; I’ve got to remember to keep it away from the tater bin.

9 Likes

Fry it up! Sounds like it would be a flavor explosion.

8 Likes

No County Fair winner, better luck next time.

2 Likes

Chips with everything!

3 Likes

Every time I watch How It’s Made and they show those conveyor belts that use cameras and air to blow away things that don’t belong it always amazes me.

I can see how something like this would slip by but I know what happens when a nail hits my saw blade so I can only imagine what would have happened if that thing hit the slicer.

6 Likes

I just saw an old news reel from Australia showing them making British grenades for WWII.

1 Like

NB

3 Likes

Yeah, but those were those large stick grenades. They had a long wooden handle to thow them with a small can with the explosive charge at the end.

2 Likes

I like this new potato density scale.

A rock is four times as dense as a potato

A grenade is twice as dense as a rock

A gold ingot is four times as dense as a grenade

It is left as a problem for the student to calculate the average density of a neutron star. State your answer in megapotatoes.

8 Likes
2 Likes

@joelfinkle @wolfman_al2

Take your pick:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.