Friday Night Kraken Massacre: Trump campaign loses a bunch of election cases all at once, womp womp

id be really curious to know what kind of cases they’ve handled before and how they wound up. maybe they’re just truly incompetent. used to using the threat of a lawsuit to get their way without ever actually going to court.

8 Likes

Kraken to calamari.

(It might be Deep Fried Deep One, not sure.)

20 Likes

I thought they were talking about this stuff after the witness we saw the other day…

15 Likes

Made my day, thanks =).

4 Likes

Yet further on point:

The best description I’ve read of what it’s about is “fan service”.

15 Likes

This line in the linked article made me breathe a bit of tea; luckily, I have a waterproof keyboard, damn you -.-’ :

In 2011, a horse fly was named Scaptia beyonceae after the singer and actress Beyonce because of its golden booty.

4 Likes

23 Likes

Did Rudy really make .5 million by losing all these cases?

5 Likes

My favorite so far:

Judge James T. Russell wrote that Trump’s would-be electors “did not prove under any standard of proof” their baseless claims 25 times in his ruling.

That’s hilarious.

Yeah, but we’re talking about an administration that has, on numerous occasions, used pop-culture villains to describe themselves (all of whom were defeated, even). Multiple references to “The Death Star,” the whole bit where Trump himself used the Game of Thrones “winter is coming” quote to imply he’s a White Walker, the campaign put out a video where Trump is literally Thanos, Trump comparing himself to the villainous captain of Mutiny on the Bounty. One would have been weird enough, but that they keep doing it, over and over again indicates something deeply disturbing about these people, what they value and how they see themselves.

27 Likes

24 Likes

If these clowns keep at this nonsense after Biden is sworn in, they could find themselves charged with ‘seditious conspiracy’.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Not sure whether the list should include Ted Cruz’ comparison of the Trump administration to Homer Simpson.

Do these jamokes realise that ‘Downfall’ memes are not actually presenting a role model?

6 Likes

And that they don’t have the attention span needed to get to the third act of popular children movies, when the villain/monster/doom weapon is defeated by the hero.

8 Likes

For a long time I vacillated between despair that this was a power grab that would permanently destroy our Democracy and install Trump as president for a second term, or believing it was nothing but another grift. When his fumbling, bumbling team of trained seals started talking about how they would present their double secret evidence at the appeals and SCOTUS levels, I realized it was the latter and I stopped doom scrolling. Any idiot knows you don’t get to present new evidence on appeal, and SCOTUS only gives you thirty minutes to argue your side of the case orally. At that point, I gave myself leave to return to a relatively normal pattern of trying to ignore politics and Trump. It’s nice to see the courts slam his team publicly over this, there’s more than one vocal conservative who thought SCOTUS was going to save the day once Rudy stopped shedding his skin and showed them the mountains of evidence they had.

I’ve been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online this week. December is my mental recovery month and self-care is love.

21 Likes

Of course, Trump’s supporters see them as like an elite team of highly-trained SEALs.

13 Likes

Yes, the pun was entirely intended, I assure you. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Instead, he gets Meal Team Six.

11 Likes

tapas

Have you seen the new DLC: Elder Doom Scrolls?

7 Likes

I need that bottle; heck with the rum (though it sounds tasty).

2 Likes