Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Too late!

Be_Best.svg

1 Like

5 Likes

These idiots sure do love dreaming up bizarre scenarios where AIs are forced to choose between murdering people and doing something racist. Wasn’t Elon voicing concern a while back over some chatbot that said it would be wrong to use the N-word to avert a nuclear war?

Maybe the problem isn’t “we can’t let AI get woke,” but rather “we shouldn’t entrust machines with the power to kill people”?

17 Likes

Nah, they want AI kill bots. They just want them to be as racist as AI normally is.

9 Likes

Seeing this makes me think the main problem is “capitalism somehow put tech development in the hands of the dumbest people ever to have lived” and everything else is just different manifestations of that. How has Elon Musk not died from eating silica packets or something?

11 Likes

Season 4 Office Tv GIF by The Office

6 Likes
6 Likes

21 Likes

:angry:

5 Likes

I mean, they should be so honest and just award donald trump and be fucking done with it. /s

(you probably owe smulder a coke, @Akimbo_NOT )

3 Likes
4 Likes

Aha!

15 Likes

Musk defends his ketamine use as beneficial for investors in new video

10 Likes
9 Likes

Did he jump or was he pushed?

5 Likes

So according to that article the only woman who was even under consideration for the award this year was Martha Stewart. Even if she had won instead of Musk or Murdoch I don’t see the point of heaping additional accolades on billionaire businesspeople who are already household names.

Supposedly the award is intended to

honour “women who have strived to make the world a better place for generations that follow their own, women who exemplify human qualities of empathy and humility, and who care about the dignity and well being of all who dwell on planet Earth”.

How in the world could anyone begin to imagine that description fits Elon Musk or Rupert Murdoch even if they were women?? It doesn’t even really describe Martha Stewart, and she’s at least an order of magnitude better than either of those guys.

12 Likes

The whole roster of supposed recipients this year makes no sense to me.
Not one human on that list is, as you rightly quote from the article, an appropriate match for the honor.

Sunlight is a pretty good disinfectant. I am grateful so many raised a ruckus about how wrong the event, were it to go forward as planned, was to be. So. Wrong.

Jane C Ginsburg, the justice’s daughter and a Columbia University law professor, called it “an affront to the memory of our mother”. …
The move came a day after James Ginsburg, the late justice’s son, called the decision to give Musk and Murdoch RBG awards – originally known as Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Woman of Leadership awards – a “desecration” of the memory of his mother. …
He said: “The original purpose of the award was … to recognise an extraordinary woman who has exercised a positive and notable influence on society and served as an exemplary role model in both principles and practice.
“I don’t want to speak to what our other plans might be if the foundation doesn’t see the wisdom of desisting and ending this desecration of my mother’s memory,” Ginsburg told CNN on Sunday. “But I will say that we will continue to fight this.”

I keep thinking the whole “catch me if you can” exercise is a sick attempt on the part of the Opperman Foundation at owning the libs, and yes, an intentional revenge on and a desecration of RBG’s legacy.

ETA:

Ah… yes:

8 Likes

oh yes;

On announcing the new list, the Opperman Foundation said it wanted to honour men because Ruth Bader Ginsburg “fought not only for women but for everyone”

the “all life matters” tactics again. unfuckingbelievable.

6 Likes

The correct word, Daily Kos is “fascist”…

9 Likes

13 Likes