Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

You know, that was about the first thing that popped up inside my head? But then I thought, no, that wasn’t the plot, really.
Robert Harris’ Archangel, on the other hand…

In case there’s a food shortage?

5 Likes

12 Likes

He wants self driving cars, but his company is still struggling with making doors that work

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/08/walter-isaacson-elon-musk-book-excerpt

“What if someone forgets to shut the door of the Robotaxi when they get out?” he asked. “We have to make sure it can shut its own doors.” How would a Robotaxi get into a gated community or parking garage? “Maybe it needs an arm that can punch a button or take a ticket,” he said. At times the conversations were so earnest and detailed they belied how wild the entire concept was.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Spare parts is more his lane.

5 Likes

Witchcraft!

4 Likes

So he has at least three kids with names that sound like evil robots and a company working to literally turn humans into cyborgs via neural implants. Now Grimes is saying he’s abducted their son. Lordy I hope Child Protection Services is paying attention.

7 Likes

So here’s Elon somewhat agreeing with a tweet making fun of the need for people in tech to take ethics classes (reddit source)

So uh happy monday folks.

5 Likes

Which means that the kid doesn’t have any parent in their life. You know he isn’t taking off of work to care for the kid.

Maybe the kid is in some sort of box that provides stimulation and an approximation of human interaction?

4 Likes

Oldest train I use is from the 70s.

3 Likes

Trains are pretty efficient, and most of Germany’s electricity is generated from fossil fuels like coal, so providing rail transportation for workers is probably still a big improvement over having everyone commute in private vehicles, electric or not.

Hopefully that rail line gets electrified eventually though.

3 Likes

Working on it.

6 Likes

The moments he gets placed into an wicked learning environment and shit goes sideways because he didn’t think things through enough, he starts acting like this

Sad Baby GIF

4 Likes

I’m not sure he has ever stopped acting like that.

4 Likes

… I wonder who has standing to sue him if he’s lying about that :thinking:

4 Likes

What If they are using apes?

3 Likes

5 Likes

A maximum capacity of 400 is kind of light for a train. A single BART car has a maximum listed capacity around 200 (albeit in crowded standing-room-only conditions) and they regularly run 10-car trains.

3 Likes

“I assure you we only select the sickest, most miserable monkeys for our research” is a weird way to defend icky medical experimentation.

5 Likes