Fuck Today (Part 1)

not arguing that. Churn the politics in another thread, please.

10 Likes

Just to chime in this threadā€™s a great place to vent and find sympathetic folks for bringing up lifeā€™s greater and lesser pain points. Pulling politics in here derails things, and in bringing in the inevitable squabbling harms the purpose. Thereā€™s lots of other places for that where itā€™s not needlessly adding to the pain othersā€™ were already coming here with.

I was guilty of talking politics here, regretted it quickly, apologize to you guys for it, and will not do it again.

15 Likes

My mother broke her humerus right at the base of her shoulder cuff. She was standing next to a wall, turned around, got caught in her own cane, and fell.

Theyā€™re doing surgery to put a pin in today. This brings her to 3 different spots in her body with metal partsā€¦which donā€™t last long, because the bones theyā€™re attached to are basically chalk.

24 Likes

This afternoon we let our daughter watch a cartoon on the computer upstairs while I did the washing up downstairs. She seemed fine at the time; weā€™d just finished dinner and she had eaten well. After a few minutes we heard her crying a bit and were just in time to see her projectile vomit from the top of the stairs. Artistā€™s reconstruction:

'Twas quite an impressive amount of coverage for such a young girl. I went up to see a trail leading through our bedroom and up to the keyboard, which was also covered.

A family came to visit on Friday, and their youngest had some kind of stomach bug. I havenā€™t been affected yet, but two others are looking a bit iffy.

25 Likes

Oh, ouch. That socks.* Tell her to get better and feel better soon.

(*my overly aggressive auto-correctionā€¦should be s-u-c-k-s.)

12 Likes

Donald Trump is president of the US and Steve Bannnon seems to be writing all his speeches and executive orders.

22 Likes

Isnā€™t he one of those vote fraudsters that Trump was going on about?

14 Likes

Yepā€¦ but when white dudes do it, itā€™s apparently not a problem.

18 Likes

Just found out that when I talked to my mother this afternoon, she neglected to tell me that the surgeon had some sort of other emergency and so she has to hang out for another day (in a small town hospital which apparently only has one surgeon, when she actually lives right by a major teaching hospital) with an unset arm. No, she doesnā€™t want to be driven to the hospital where her doctors (and her apartment) are located. It doesnā€™t make medical or practical sense; itā€™s the worst possible choice, and she knows it, and she knows I know it. Iā€™m beginning to understand the mentality of the people who voted for 45.

17 Likes

Iā€™m so fucking pissed that the Liberal part of Canada called off voting reform I made a topic just to swear about it.

14 Likes

Trump is still president, and Rex Tillerson was confirmed as Sec. of State today.

21 Likes

British MPs voted to allow Theresa May to trigger Article 50.

16 Likes

but the trolling of Farange in the EP was rather epic

26 Likes

For some reason today Iā€™m feeling highly off balance. Not weak, light headed, or dizzy so much as left and right are not sgreei on what current position is and I have no idea wtf. It seriously bugs me and I will freak out if this does not quit in the next few days.

17 Likes

Why is life so stressful? Honestly it drives me mad.

11 Likes

This happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8aN0E4NOo

13 Likes

A number of these appointments and policies seem like a kind of triangulation strategy. Absolute favouritism to the paranoid talk radio crowd. Be outrageous and obvious about it, and the polarisation will get wider as thereā€™s no room at all for compromise. Get conservatives to support policies they donā€™t even like just because it becomes a 100% them or us situation, and maintain infighting to the point where no progress can be made.

8 Likes

Itā€™s like the game theory outcome where we just screw the other guy to avoid being screwed worse and there is zero system trust.

8 Likes

My stepdad keeps going on about liberalidiotdemocrats (all one word) and then just kinda backpeddles whenever I point out how heā€™s acting, then he insists he is acting like he is being fair and non partisan.

He acts like heā€™s riding neutral then whenever I speak ā€˜spoken like a true liberal sticking up for the weakā€™

With mom jumping to his defense ā€˜you know heā€™s just talking like that to piss you off ght?ā€™ No. No I do not, because that is how he talks all the time.

Look, I donā€™t like when either ā€˜sideā€™ does this ā€˜well they are all morons why should I listen pay attention or treat them like anything other than traitors.ā€™

You want to show off video of trumpian secret police. I saw plenty of that shit on Facebook about Obama.

10 Likes
2 Likes