Fuck Today (Part 1)

That threw me off when we got our nook too. A plug should plug in and seat snugly. When I went to charge it, there was some serious WTF? going on. Not the best design move by a long shot.

3 Likes

At this point Iā€™m tempted to just stick it in a drawer and call it done to avoid dealing with my stepdad. On the other hand in spite of the case dings the tablet itself actually works shockingly well.

2 Likes

Fuck Today, For I Realized Nothing I Can Write Or Say Will Stop This Trainwreck From Inertia And Gravitational Forcesā€¦

I love America with all of my heart, may We survive this transgression and rebound, larger, and in charger than We ever were beforeā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve slept ninety minutes thus far tonight and been awake the last three hours. I have to be up for work in four hours.

Fuck you, insomnia. Fuck. You.

20 Likes

Fuk you todayā€™s news editors . . .

You show a cutesy story about a Bald Eagle egg being laid in Wash., D.C., and include stock footage of an eaglet hatching . . .
Then the story is followed by a commercial for an Egg McMuffin !

10 Likes

Fuck todayā€¦

Woke up with a caffeine-withdrawal-boosted migraineā€¦ and I have my first new client meeting of the semester this evening.

17 Likes

Human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell, who supported Ms Steinfeld and Mr Keidan in court, said the ruling was ā€œa defeat for love and equalityā€.

ā€œIt cannot be right that lesbian and gay couples have two options, civil partnership and civil marriage; whereas opposite-sex partners have only one option, marriage,ā€ he said.

If anyone isnā€™t aware, Peter Tatchell is gay, and a founding member of Outrage!.

17 Likes

Very minor FT, got up super early to beat traffic into he city, did so, got to inspection site a half hour early. Got here, and promptly got a text from new co-worker with the notes that he is an hour late.

So I gotta look like a chump, waiting on this new guy. At least itā€™s warm in here. Thatā€™s not always true in my line of work.

8 Likes

We generally do. Weā€™ve survived bigger than him. The sky isnā€™t falling, but it is pretty cloudy.

6 Likes

You know what ya gotta do: hair of the dog. You wonā€™t sleep tonight, but first impressions are crucial.

10 Likes

It went well, actually! And it only took 1.5 liters of Dr. Pepper to bring me back to functionality!

I can see sound.

22 Likes

18 Likes

Between this morningā€™s ā€˜Google Invisible Protocollā€™ the subsiquent ā€˜GET BACK IN HERE WHEN HEā€™S TALKING TO YOUā€™ by mom when I tried to walk off because I knew it was gonna go nowhere good and iā€™m freaking TIRED of pretending to not hurt, and now my stepdad going ā€˜Iā€™m talking calmly I just would like todiscuss why you felt the square skillet went there in spite of you knowing where itā€™s supposed to go and donā€™t tell me you forgot that is a bullshit lie.ā€™

Iā€™m done.

Just done.

In spite of the fact my dad was an abusive jackhole when I was little, and the fact I cannot directly help in his line of work?Iā€™m going to see if I can spend a week with him to see if I can tryā€¦ i dunno at this point. I just feel like i need to find a way to reach them that they are causing me pain by allowing my stepdadā€™s fuckery to continue even with private acknowledging that Iā€™m not being treated right. Oh thatā€™s fucking WONDERFUL you goddamned bitchā€¦ tell me quietly in a corner that isnā€™t right while loudly demanding I play by his rules. That makes EVERYTHING feel better.

Itā€™s a bad option, but maybe dad will try helping as opposed to handwring, or treat minor blips as ā€˜just because YOU choose to live in a junk hole does not mean I will allow the rest of us to.ā€™ Iā€™m done. Iā€™m tired. Iā€™m waiting for them all to go away so I can call a suicide hotline because I just donā€™t see any good way out or anywhere I can go or any plan that isnā€™t halfassed insane. I donā€™t want some insane fleeing to fuckall where with fuck if i know who. I want to have everyone sit down and act like adults for aed.
ant it to stop.
I just w change, myself includ

11 Likes

When you feel this way thatā€™s a very good idea; I know you have mobility issues but if you can go to somewhere safe you should consider not waiting on everyone to leave.

8 Likes

Youā€™re going through hell right now, no doubt, really in the depths of it.

Would it help to think it wonā€™t always be this way? As I see it, if you live long enough, youā€™ll experience both extremes. Something good will happen, then later something bad, and after that something good, then something bad, something great, something terrible, a peak, a trough, a win, a loss, forever. Thatā€™s how it goes. No one knows the future, but chances are, good things lie ahead of you, even if you donā€™t know what they are or where theyā€™ll come from. If you can, let this idea be the focus of your attention for some time. Maybe thatā€™ll give you some relief, at least for a moment.

11 Likes

It looks like Iā€™ve got the answer about my health insurance bill. Theyā€™ve acknowledged receipt of the corrected tax statement, agreed that it was for a full year and not the 11 months they claimed it was, acknowledged that they only sent the letter to tell us to send a tax statement almost a year and a half too late, basically gone as far as to say they overcharged me by thousands of euros (itā€™s something like 5000 too much)ā€¦ and theyā€™re not going to do anything about it. We have to pay the highest amount they calculated, plus interest and late fees for premiums they never told us about. Weā€™ve been to the office a number of times, called them many times, written letters and emails, and apparently thereā€™s just someone at the main office who wants to teach me a lesson or something. Everyone else is understanding and doesnā€™t see a problem, but we keep getting letters back saying that they donā€™t make corrections if they overcharge. We are going to get through this, but it kind of makes it worse to see them admit that theyā€™re not refunding us anything just because they donā€™t want to.

10 Likes

Is there a local you trust who knows the tax system there well enough to give advice about what your next move could be?

4 Likes

financial details of the health care system are more or less completely unrelated to the subtleties of the tax system. if the insurance is a public one @jsroberts could look around for a lawyer with experience in the SGB, especially SGB V.

the first counselling by a lawyer is restricted to 150 EUR (iirc*), probably not the worst investment he can make in this situation

* I remembered wrong: 190 EUR

5 Likes

Meanwhile my parent would argue that Iā€™m just needlessly whining ā€˜you have food in yoru belly, roof over your head right? Youā€™re a lot nicer off than public housing. so why dont I just get you a section eight apartment where you can sit in acorner on the computer all day. that what you want?ā€™

Right, because throwing my inabilities in my face is really positive and affirming that I should reach for more or try for better. Reafferm that message ā€˜the world is frightening, dark, cruel. stay here.ā€™

And yetā€¦ that would be selling them short and portraying them falsely if I left it at that. They mean well, at least I choose to believe they do. THey saw me fail hard at college, saw how the world was going with needing a degree. Saw I had no good options locally for transportation. Iā€™m not saying they made the CORRECT choices. I"m just saying I can understand what lead to this hole I feel Iā€™m in.

8 Likes

for the first time Carbapenem-resistent bacteria were found in the EU. Carbapenem is (was?) one of the few remaining antibiotics of last resort.

non-compliance with antibiotics therapy* and the generous (ab)use in livestock breeding will sooner rather than later throw us back in pre-Fleming times - bacterial infects before penicillin were astonishingly deadly.

fun times!

* eta: and doctors describing antibiotics for everything, including viral infections. even worse than non-complient patients, they should know better

13 Likes