Fuck Today (Part 1)

Pressure cooker turned out not to have been depressurized. In the burn ward with 2nd degree burns over most of my arms and belly.

Still a few positives: nothing hit my face, hands, or below the belt. I basically shielded everyone, so nobody else got hurt. And I got some pretty awesome drugs.

Still- rough night, and I’m gonna be here a couple days.

21 Likes

Whoa, sorry man.

5 Likes

That qualifies for both the Purple Heart Eggplant and the Medal of Honor Parboil, doesn’t it?

We appreciate your service.

Tri-Service_Personnel_Saluting_MOD_45151321

7 Likes

That sucks! I’m really glad it wasn’t worse!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it. I’m glad you have people taking care of you.

3 Likes

Holy crap that’s awful! Our Fagor has has an interlock that prevents you from opening it if it’s pressurized. Did yours fail or does it not have that feature?

1 Like

Fuck, that sucks.

Glad it wasn’t worse. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

ow. ow. ow. ow. ow.

4 Likes

Thankfully, the burns aren’t that severe, it’s just that they cover a lot of area. Basically, I’m under observation until they know it’s not likely to get infected.

Apparently, my sister uses it without the pressure valve- so it’s just a pot. Someone screwed the thing back in last time it got washed. She called me to help when she couldn’t open it. I’m just thanking the gods it was just the water bath to sterilize the jars, and not sugary sweet napalm.

Blueberry jam still came out nicely.

15 Likes

Ah. The Fagor people are clever enough to sell it with a regular lid if you want to just use it as a pot. Glad you’re going to be OK. I’ve had close encounters with that sugary napalm, scariest is making Nuoc Mau, Vietnamese Caramel Sauce. You need to pour water into molten sugar. Terrifying every time.

2 Likes

You poor bastard. Hoping you heal quickly.

4 Likes

I had a good time at London Anarchist Bookfair right up until TERFs started handing out transphobic leaflets by the gender neutral toilets. Please note that where they say men/males they mean transwomen.

https://twitter.com/JacobElliman/status/924394952431464448
https://twitter.com/JacobElliman/status/924395042940309504

The aftermath was not fun, and people are still trying to work out exactly what happened.

what is known (confirmed by multiple sources):
TERFS were leafleting
LGBT activists started chanting “shame on you” at them
Helen Steel got involved defending the TERFs (she has sided with them before)
Other people who didn’t know what was going on got involved to defend Helen Steel
A transwoman was punched by someone.

4 Likes

Of course. Fuck.

6 Likes

I’ve been braving the cold to go out biking for weeks, and hit up spots on the lakefront to get into some of the fall salmon and trout. It’s getting quite cold for biking (~40 degrees), but I finally found where big groups of Brown and Rainbow trout hang out in one of the local harbors.

It’s a spot where no fishing is allowed, on account of all the expensive boats docked there. Goddammit.

2 Likes

As I went walking, I saw a sign there
And on the sign, it said “No Trespassing.”
But on the other side, it didn’t say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.

–Woody Guthrie

6 Likes

“Solvitur ambulando.”
– Diogenes of Sinope

1 Like

the planned name of my next dog, if it suits him.

It’s quite likely he’ll be in favor of walking.

I’m not sure I’d want a skeptical dog though.

1 Like

true, that sounds more like a cat.

3 Likes

Time to get your exercise in a kayak rather than on a bike. I sometimes kayak fish near petroleum docks in Bayonne, only occasionally do they chase me off. You can even tow your kayak to the lake behind your bike.
https://goo.gl/images/dFeXrt![13c1f5a9bcf6da677867a6e8beda1782|690x385](upload://1PshR2LmNPKs8tLdGOPGmwYUNxu.jpg)

1 Like