Fuck Today (Part 1)

Tripped on the stairs today, I have no Idea how it happened, I had both hands busy carrying lunch up to my room and just as I’m reaching the top of the stairs for no good reason I’m going down, I hit the next to last step with my knee. I can’t remember pain that bad. After a few minutes I was able to get up and pick my burrito’s off of the floor.
At least the dog got a nice treat.

21 Likes

Incoming!

7 Likes

Not clear on one point - who was screaming: you or the co-worker?

Because if you were projectile vomiting in my car*, I might scream like that too.

* not that I have one at the moment.

8 Likes

I was screaming, I was trying to vocalize something along the lines of Monty Python, but it didn’t work. The insulation is too thick, noone heard my gurgling recitation of the Cheese Shop sketch.

11 Likes

And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.

12 Likes

Of course you can eat it sir… It’s Wah-fur thie-en.

8 Likes

Projectile vomiting, is that what happens after you bite the bullet too many times?

4 Likes

Gotdammit… I changed the DNS server on my site to the wrong one… and now I’ve changed it back again but WHY does it take 24 hours for that to update!! Its the internet!! It should be instant! grumblegrumble - also, this means when I thought I had changed servers TWO years ago… I did NOT! which means I’ve been paying for double hosting for two years… because one should never try to change hosts when one has an active concussion! Brain injuries are expensive! arglebargle bah!

16 Likes

Tips from a former ISP operator:

1. You can tweak the TTL down to something short like 5 or 10 minutes the day before making a change… but almost nobody ever ends up doing that, because the usual 24-hour TTL means you have to remember to do this a day before you make the change and most DNS server changes are made in a frantic hurry because it’s set to the wrong address.
  2. Unless your domain is incredibly high traffic you can safely leave the TTL at something like 6 hours (21600) instead of the stock 24 hours, which causes only a slight increase in NS queries, and means you don’t have to wait a whole day for screw-ups to be fixed. People don’t usually do this because they think they’ll never need to change it, until suddenly they do.
8 Likes

Fuck, I miss that grouchy banana, who still wore the birkenstocks he bought in Vermont for harvesting maple syrup, only now he wears them when harvesting apples in Texas for cider, all the while regaling those within earshot with tales of his days as a lumberjack in Portland.

Be well, awjt.

15 Likes

Feeling better now?

4 Likes

Where’s he, anyway?

3 Likes

He rage-quit over a disagreement from a couple of weeks ago. I gathered that there could be something else going on in his life at the time though. Hope he’s doing OK.

14 Likes

Insomnia is killing me. I’m walking around in a fog and I feel like shit. All I can think about is making it through the day and going back to bed.

11 Likes

Fuck today as my productivity for anything that NEEDS TO BE DONE is already fucked over.
stupid compliance reports hey this patch is missing. Oh you mean this one? Which was skipped last update because not applicable and all our other servers that are also missing said patch are compliant?

Why the fuck are you wasting my time hunting down this bullshit and having to repeat myself to different groups instead of actually getting my servers finished being built? Because we will be red tomorrow (and oh you waited till just now to tell me too) I have to drop everything and deal with this shit show.

Fuck that my motivation to get the needs to be done stuff is pretty much done for today as well because I will be fuming over this for the rest of the day.

12 Likes

Oh my God, waiting child (luckily with other parents around) at station Blaak. Yes Blaak , very nice DH said “I will pick him up from the birthday party, you have ran errants enough for today”. (wow, that should be in victory thread). But… msg and phone call: “I can’t find them”.
I did some calls, “They are really there”. “I can’t see them”. “Where are you?” “At the central station”. Noo… Blaak, near the 'markthal". “But I’m at the central station”. … “Why? I did mention BLAAK more than one time”.

Pfffff… listening is also an art. Told him I was planning to cycle to a nearby metrostation and go with the metro, instead off cycling from Blaak to home (hard wind now), but not that handy at that time because you need to switch metro if you want to go from Blaak to there. Talked about the new bicycle parking place at (yes…) Blaak, nice place to sit in the sun while waiting. And just plain in the afternoon: ‘they will be at station Blaak, between 18:30 and 19:00 but will send an SMS.’

Nothing real harm this time I hope, but it can make me crack, ‘why … is … listening … that … difficult …?’

12 Likes

because we still found no good solution for disrupting male speech domination?

10 Likes

LOL no, ROFL, thanks, just what I needed.

Snirf

6 Likes

Why am I out of likes right now?

(Oh, yeah, because this is a day ending in “y”.)

13 Likes

probably the explanation why I’m never out of likes

9 Likes