Fuck Today (Part 1)

Oh man, fuck today, fuck this whole week. I know I haven’t been around here much lately, and this is why:

The situation with our friend that I have mentioned before has continued to deteriorate. She’s been committed to a two-week intensive residential mental health program. Fortunately, in a brief moment of clarity, she signed her kids over to RatWoman and me in a formal temporary guardianship agreement.

The downsides of that are:

1. I have to find beds for two more kids here temporarily. Practically speaking, that means I have to expand the boys’ bunkhouse here tout de suite. RatBoy the Elder is going to have to sleep on a mattress on the deck until I do. Hopefully we can get that done this weekend.

2. We have to endure an unannounced site inspection by CPS sometime in the next few days. Not looking forward to that. I have nothing good to say about CPS. Yes, I know they have a horrible job, but they do it so badly.

3. CPS sucks, and lawyers suck. Lawyers who don’t suck are necessary and expensive. The paperwork is horrendous.

On the plus side, they’re great kids, they’re the same age as ours, and they all get along together. The kids are managing very well, and are easily adjusting to being in a clean house full of love, understanding, and happiness. And good food and clean clothes that comes regularly without asking. (Those seem like such small things, but apparently it’s not anything they had before.) And they’re fascinated by the garden and the animals-- the older girl had never seen a live chicken before!

In another plus, RatWoman seems to have finally gotten past the constant morning sickness. The part that comes next is hugely fun. :wink:

25 Likes