Fuck Today (Part 1)

It’s assholes like that guy who seriously test my “no one deserves prison rape/torture/the death penalty” convictions.

A four year old. I have no words.

10 Likes

Like people named Chad, idiots who leave full cups next to the sink are the worst. Just perfectly places to spill all over you during a midnight quest for water.

4 Likes

This is scary. I’m so sorry this is happening in your community. I too hope they find the person and bring them to justice very soon.

11 Likes

Things continue to get scarier every day.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/10/chechnya-has-opened-concentration-camps-for-gay-men/

19 Likes

The government’s response is that they can’t be holding gay men in concentration camps because there are no gay men in Chechnya.

FUCK!

19 Likes

I foolishly burned a thumb and three fingers on my dominant hand… In the middle of writing finals and composing the findings chapter of my dissertation.

Fuck today.

28 Likes

Oh no!!! I hope they heal quickly, so you can get back to it and finish your diss!!! Good luck!

9 Likes

Stumbling around half-asleep in the semi-dark I seem to have stepped on something hard last night, or the night before, or whenever.

Now there is this inflamed spot on my foot.

Years ago when I was living with crazy artists in a warehouse* I stepped on a piece of metal that embedded itself in my foot, and some poor PA or CNA or somebody at the local clinic had to dig it out with a tool. It was literally the first time this person had ever performed surgery on anybody.

So now I am paranoid that this has happened again.

∗ note to myself in the past: crazy artists are trouble and you can’t even get mail there

14 Likes

I have been working this week redoing the wife’s bathroom. This involves constant use of a wetsaw, mortar, and lots of cement board and stone tile. I guess it is the cement board, and the constant wet, but seven of my fingertips are flaking and bleeding. I use all kinds of moisturizers and ointments, but it gets worse every day.

9 Likes

Gloves?

2 Likes

if you were near us, we could deal with it. My house is full of doctors, interns, and military corpsmen. we could hook you right up.

1 Like

I guess. but there is something very tactile about stonework. Maybe surgical gloves.

9 Likes

Yes, do, mortar/cement is an absolute hell to your skin, very alkaline. (hope such is the correct word) I also understand exactly what you mean with “very tactile”.

I use either surgical gloves, or partially thin rubber, and fabric (on top) gloves with a thick layer of Vaseline underneath.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I woke up after a bad nights sleep to find that there is a general election in seven weeks. Half of my head is telling me to join the Green party, the other half is saying fuck them all.

And there is a council election in two weeks too.

12 Likes

The boy has pneumonia. Most antibiotics make him vomit. This will not be fun.

17 Likes

Did you hear about the positive effects of maple syrup on antibiotics?

I don’t know (and they don’t know) what specifically makes the difference, but you can’t go wrong with the flavor. My mom would give me a little bit of honey after throwing up to get rid of the bile taste. Maple syrup would seem to do something similar, and maybe (just maybe) it will help a little bit with the antibiotics.

I hope he feels better soon.

14 Likes

My always stuffed sinuses are hurting today. I think I might have an infection again.

14 Likes

I had not heard that, thanks. We’ll give it a try.

10 Likes

I feel you. The pollen in my city comes in big visible clumps that roll around the sidewalk like sea foam. (I am exaggerating only slightly.)

5 Likes