Fuck Today (Part 1)

I’m all for making sure people don’t get addicted to prescription painkillers, but you’re spot on that not having access to them at all will mean more people turn to illegal (and unregulated and possibly dangerous) alternatives. We have very strange relationships with drugs of all kinds in America.

But mostly, I’m really sorry about your in pain brain meats. I’ve had an occasional migraine (not anywhere near as bad as what you’re suffering) and it’s not fun.

15 Likes

I hear you and feel your pain or at least I used to. Cat passed away and soon the migraines stopped. Who knew the little furry love muffin was slowly killing me. (sniff)

8 Likes

Canada is indeed nice, and I am thankful every day that I live here and don’t have to worry about crippling medical bills. Only problem is, we are starting to get stupid about opiods too and instead of making pain management services more available doctors are just avoiding prescribing any at all. On the plus side we may all have access to legal weed in a year, but I don’t know how well that helps with migraines, in a year I may be able tell you if it does :smiley: .

I’ve had many types of pain over the years and migraines are the worst. If I am lucky and get the painkillers in me at the first sign of aura and or nausea and a nice quiet dark lay down I may avoid days of excruciating pain and intolerance to light, sound, and smells - so I feel you.
Taking the meds after the blinding pain sets in does not seem to work other than make my stomach even more upset.
Injecting botox anywhere has always seemed like a bad idea to me.

It would be better for everyone if governments spent more money on researching pain management or supporting pain management clinics (ones that are based more on science and less on woo) rather than prosecuting people who are looking for pain relief. (steps off soap box)

5 Likes

Below is a drawing of the extent of my clot. So when I said it had a massive DVT, I really meant massive.

15 Likes

She cleaned it off.

1 Like

Femoral artery? And you survived??? Whoa. This should actually be in the Victory thread!

17 Likes

It’s time for a new Secretary of State for Work and Pensions again.

Has only worked in the treasury before now, has a very poor record on disability. It doesn’t look good for people like me.

I don’t know why I expect any better, they’re all Tories and they’re all bastards.

6 Likes

I don’t know if this is an obvious suggestion or not, but have you tried magnesium supplements? The fact that your migraines come in combination with muscle cramps suggests that your body chemistry is lacking the salts required to re-inhibit nerves after they activate. A lot of supplements are ineffective because the magnesium is tied up in compounds that the body can’t readily absorb, I know magnesium aspartate is effective but there are a couple of others. I take it in pill form daily, and keep some water soluble around in case my leg muscles start getting twitchy which is usually a bad sign.

Maybe it doesn’t work for you but I was having a shit time with migraines and magnesium was my saviour, so every time I hear a story like yours I feel compelled to bring it up. If I were you I think I’d do some research and try a few off-the-shelf supplements if you haven’t already, before you move on to the more extreme solutions.

10 Likes

No, it was the vein. Left iliac vein to be precise.

9 Likes

If you don’t mind saying, how did they get it out? Is that as large as it seems? I’d guess thinners wouldn’t be enough to remove something like that. (I’m really glad it’s working out.)

4 Likes

They shoved a tube in my leg with lots of little holes in it and flooded the area with anti coagulants. Then they ballooned out what they could (just like a catheter). There is still some clot that the blood thinners haven’t dissolved yet so I’ve got to keep having scans until it’s gone.

It stretched from near my belly button down to my calf, so yes, it is as a long as it seems.

11 Likes

Still, you’re very lucky to have survived that. Holy fuck that’s a big clot.

12 Likes

Congrats on getting it solved! It makes me wonder, what could have caused it?

11 Likes

As far at the doctor could tell it was a combo of the pill and May-Thurner syndrome, which is where the vein gets compressed by the artery.

11 Likes

Nothing compared to what else is on this thread, but FT for dropping my phone from a second storey window on a glass surface.

I really need the phone. Long-distance relationship needs email and texting and signal calls, looking for new job opportunities needs internet, current job desperately needs gps, camera and Google maps with custom layers.

A propos glass, display broken. Micro-splinters in fingers from picking it up and frantically trying to revive the phone are difficult to get out, and typing is like using sand paper on my fingers.

Meh for the phone’s company: display not available as spare part.

FTR, Yay For Autocorrect for making it possible to write my FT note.

11 Likes
9 Likes

It’s not obvious, at least not to me… I believe it’s the first time anyone has mentioned this possibility, so Thank You Thank You Thank You! I will investigate this immediately!

5 Likes

I mean… today sucked.

7 Likes

Yes? Why is that?

2 Likes

Just the 2 shootings and a fire in London. It’s really got me depressed today.

11 Likes