Fuck Today (Part 1)

Whats worse than having an AC that does a half ass job, bleeding you dry because it has to run all the time?

Having an AC that doesn’t work.

Welp - guess I’ll have to strip to my undies and put the fan on high.

Kiddo was in the other room while I was filling out a maintenance ticket singing her own version of “You say he’s just a friend” into the fan. How does she even know that song?

8 Likes

I mean, the rest of the post is a fuck today, but this clearly belongs in the victories thread!

biz-markie-you-say-he-s-just-a-friend-xd-o

9 Likes

It certainly made the situation more bearable. :wink:

9 Likes

Fuck yesterday, tonight, big parts of today, and my future life.

Family came for a visit. In-laws, children and all. The stress making everything work alone was hard enough, but I was confronted late to in the evening with a “I wanted to talk to you about that thing you said months ago” (which I didn’t even say back then, and wouldn’t have done ever). Which escalated quickly to a crying “I have the feeling that you don’t want us in your life, and fear that you don’t tell us everything, and I just want to live with my children and grandchildren”, and more just stopping so very short of an accusation that we are making life an unhappy an miserable journey for them.

Which made my partner crack, later that night, and cry about their parents.
Which made sibling-in-law ask what’s wrong.
Which lead to even more pain and handwringing, while trying not to break down further.
Which overshadowed everything following, of course, and will continue to be a burden which can’t be shrugged off at any point in their miserable relationship, because parents are unable to change themselves at their old age and the emotional labour we would have to put into that would be so intense and massive it could kill.

I don’t know how to help my partner. We’ve got a hat full of stuff weighing us down, for example that we don’t know where we will live a year from now, and what we are going to do. How can we also carry the load of our parents and in-laws, FFS? We haven’t got sorted our own lives. The very last thing we need now is people dragging us down with their own issues, not far from emotional blackmailing.

I’m going to regret shouting Fuck Today into an online forum, but this is decidedly something I can’t speak to anyone about without having a breakdown myself. So, Fuck TODAY and the rest of my life.

22 Likes

12 Likes

My kid told me that her mom bought her a training bra.

WTF?

I know this isn’t a “bad” thing, but it still seems too soon. She was just a baby the other day.

12 Likes

“I swear I had a baby around here somewhere.”

12 Likes

They grow up too fast!

7 Likes

I like to jump on the bbs to see what is bubbling up. The first screen has 8 of 15 trump/nazis articles 9 if you count rape insurance.

3 more years of this shit?

15 Likes

Maybe not this shit – by next week, Trump will probably have steered us all to some other cesspool within himself.

8 Likes

Fuck me. Day dreaming about how I am going to pay some upcoming bills, and a motorcycle cop nails me. Totally my fault, I take this road every day and even though I think the limit is stupid low, thats it. At least he was quick about it so I was only a little late for work. Slam bam thank you, sir. Didn’t even look at my expired insurance card.

7 Likes

Always when you least expect it.

3 Likes

So the spouse texts me at work that she can’t get on the wireless. That the usual SSID wasn’t there.

After some back and forth and double checking she’d rebooted everything like normal, I get her on the XfinityWiFi and let her know her new Wireless printer won’t work until I get home.

So I get home…and the Asus wireless router is up and running. I log on to my PC and look for wireless networks and… there’s a default Asus. So my router decided to reset itself to factory defaults. Fine. Okay.

But do you realize just how many goddamned devices I have on 3 different vlans that I now have to reset up.

Sure it’s a minor Fuck Today, but… really?

8 Likes

I don’t have that router but a reset around here is scary stuff. When mine resets to defaults it’s wide f-ing open. I put a cover over the reset button on the back so it doesn’t get pressed by mistake.

4 Likes

Mine failed “safe” as I could only get to the setup page…but then it made me set the user id and password and then it was open

DOH!

2 Likes

I’m actually shaken by this.

I was officially too old (by a few months) for them to help by the time I found out about Mermaids, but they directed me in the right direction for support anyway.

8 Likes

So, an article posted today by National Geographic on the hurricane in Texas is titled: “Harvey May Become the Rainiest Storm in US History - Here’s Why” and there is absolutely no mention of climate change or global warming ANYWHERE in the article.

The Murdoch’s are effectively killing Nat Geo. Post Fox purchase layoffs continue negatively affecting book, magazine, and educational divisions. FUCK FOX! FUCK THE MURCOCKS!

12 Likes

I have a “fuck today” that has a happy ending…

Finally ordered a replacement keyboard for my old ass lap top to keep me limping along another year or so.

Some how my brain though it would be ok to try to use a screw driver to try to open the clip that holds the ribbon from the keyboard to the mother board. Of course it snaps of.

Fuck. Me.

So, I thought, ok, lets just put the clip back on, tape the ribbon down, and add more tape on top which hopefully pushes down on the ribbon when put back together. Nope. Add more tape. Nope. Can you buy just the clip part? Doesn’t appear so. How have other people fixed this issue? Replace the mother board. Nope, fuck that.

Some more googing and some guy posts about slipping a thin peice of plastic with a bend in it, between the top of the ribbon and the top row of pins (the ribbon only touches the bottom pin. The bend adds tension to the keep it pushed against the pins. OK, let’s try that. Add some tape to hold it in place.

20 some screws later for the 4th time, and BAM, fucker works. Human drama of sheer defeat to victory in about an hour. I wanted to go out side naked and scream, “I fixed it!”

Then I notice I have an extra screw. God damn it… guess I better go find out where that goes out tonight.

God news is, I can now type X on it! Woot!

13 Likes

The cat that used to live with the previous owners of where I’m living has just turned up outside the back door, and I can’t find contact details.

They seem to have wandered off, I hope they weren’t freaked by everything looking and smelling different.

8 Likes

So last night I show up to /r/writing because ‘why not?’ I end up fairly bluntly stating my opinion on a thing and then going ‘if i’m wrong, tell me how i’m wrong’ unknowingly putting a target on my head because apparently everyone took that as some sarcastic ‘well i think you’re full of shit neener neener neener’ and they’ve been having a field day metaphorically kicking the shit out of me over it, up to and including ‘oh well what books have YOU read?’

I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t respond to the whole mess in the best way. Fine, OK, sure. Awesome, I’ve got a temper. However last night showed that I am neither going to be treated in any way well nor do the people here actually want to discuss. I post something, groovy. Instead of ‘hey was that sarcasm?’ I get downvoted into a black hole and brigaded.

Were my responses good ones? Nope. I’m angry, irritated, and I’m just plain tired of everyone in this sub acting like smug ‘better than you’ dips. ‘oh that reading list is full of easy to read pulps. get on my level son.’

Taffing Wonderful. That’s the wholesome inclusive wonderful attitude I’ve come to expect from reddit where simple issues get turned into 'oh hey you’ve had a bad day? let’s kick you while you’re down by making you feel wholy and completely unwelcome for every single mistake you’ve made.

I mean sure it’s my fault innit? So yea. Mostly just blowing off steam partially aggravated as hell and why bothe trying if ‘oh hey you said something wrongly. we will never ever EVER let you live it down.’

If any of you go to that sub and know what the hell? I’m angry. I’m tired. I’m aggrivated. No i didn’t act in the best of ways to the situation but i’ve got oh about twentyish? I’d have to go check but a fairly long thread of people just snarking at me. What really pisses me off is guy asking for me to list the books i read. Fine whatever her’es the ones I remember. Long list. ‘Oh those are easy pulp reads. You of course wouldn’t see any diffrences between fantasy and scifi.’ GOD I hate that kind of fucking snobbbery.

Its that kind of bullshit that has my family hating intellectuals. That stereotype right there. That snoot up in the air ‘well you’re not at MY level therefore you are unlettered swine not worth my time’ bullshit stereotype that apparently actually fucking exists.

So I am very not well feeling. I go to places online to try getting away from how shitty my life is, maybe learn a thing or three, and not feel like I’m in a dead end life that is ending a moment at a time and oh hey my entire fucking night got shot because a misunderstanding turned into a circlejerk of bullshit with nobody going ‘hey maybe we should all stop because this is a downward spiral of shit going down a drain.’

6 Likes