Fuck Today (Part 1)

Ugh, come on, students! Talk in class, will you!!!

16 Likes

The doctor being monitored is bad enough, although it could have been a lot worse, but the quote from a child abuse enablement group (Transgender Trends) is the shit cherry on top.

8 Likes

A follow up.

The good news is that the doctor doesn’t think they need to amputate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was pretty much what I expected to be honest, a badly sprained knee. I’m going to be wearing a knee brace and doing physiotherapy for the next few months. I don’t think I’m cutting down my DHC use anytime soon either (I like to go a week or so without opioids every so often to remind my body what normal feels like)

7 Likes

Still no power. Sigh.

11 Likes

Been there. Isabel knocked us out for 3 weeks. On one hand it’s a tremendous pain in the ass but, on the other one get’s used to a simpler and more quiet life. I never realized how much ambient noise a house makes until the power was gone. However, extremely happy when the power was restored!

6 Likes

Got towed a second time in a week. From a parking spot I own. Cost me almost $500.

Turns out, when the HOA changed tow companies they signed off on a bunch of rules which weren’t broadcast to the condo owners. Got dinged for my parking sticker not being “permanently affixed” , and because my registration sticker fell off and the new one hadn’t arrived yet.

This is a big problem because I don’t live at the unit I own for the most part. A problem I’ve had this year is not turning my car on for 5 or 6 weeks and finding the battery dead. Now this!

5 Likes

Or how much the dogs fart! No lie, you just can’t tell until everything else comes to a stop. Those guys were getting away with a lot under cover of noise from the fridge compressor and electronics fans.

4 Likes

Everyone in the neighborhood used to end up at my house when the power failed, because I always maintain some means of cooking, heating and lighting that doesn’t require electricity. Back in my first house, we’d have all the neighbor kids sitting in the living room of our house or my neighbor Tim’s house (he had a woodstove) while we made the rounds draining everyone’s plumbing so their pipes wouldn’t burst.

Nowadays my neighbors are more high-falutin’ and their giant generators automatically roar into life as soon as the power fails. I miss the old neighborhood whenever that happens.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s a pain, especially since it makes working from home kind of hard (can’t upload grades or the like), but the down time is nice, too. And I’m grateful of course, because it could have been much worse. We’re lucky, I know.

Still no power as of this morning. Double sigh.

8 Likes

It’s so incredibly stupid given more immediate problems but just the thought one day I will die, this ends hopefully not for many years but inevitable, is scaring the shit out of me. Why now? I’ve known this since I was small. So why now? Why is it bothering me so much now? I need to focus on more immediate things.

2 Likes

Please stay off the Dead Celebrity thread, I don’t want you there.

2 Likes

This happens to me, usually at night, just around when I would go to bed. Then my adrenaline gets going and I can’t fall asleep. It’s the worst.

3 Likes

I must have lifted something mildly heavy today. Now my shoulder hurts soo bad. I put a tennis ball between me and my chair but I think I made it worse :confused: Christ, I should do a god damn push up once in awhile or something.

5 Likes

Thankfully…

4 Likes

Craigslist just started requiring Google’s JavaScript to be allowed in order to see contact information. Is there anything that world-spanning vampire blood-octopus can’t get its suckers into?

5 Likes

Good news. Glad he was found. Let’s hope he continues to get treatment for his mental health issues. I think that public figures like this speaking out about their own struggles goes a long way to normalizing them and helping people to better understand and empathize when others struggle.

6 Likes

Are you familiar with the concept of a psychomotor gumption trap? From Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance? I think fear of death is a psychic loop that can rob you of the mental attributes you need to live a full happy life.

Keep in mind I don’t know what will work for you; I’m a migraineur, I have non-standard brain chemistry. But total uncritical acceptance of the immediacy and inevitability of death works for me - as far as I’m concerned, death a good thing, and since time is just a subjective illusory phenomena the only thing that concerns me is how much beauty I can create and experience between the fixed terminii of my consciousness.

4 Likes

Well, today I learned why I get so much symapthy from other people at my firm for being managed by my boss.

I was assigned way too much, and when I asked for help as instructed, I learned that was a trick instruction and actually I was supposed to have six hands and three keyboards last Friday so everyone could dump emergencies on me at once. The guy who totally screwed up (and brags about never working more than 40 hours a week, no matter the cost to co-worjkers who have to pick up slack for him) seems to be outside of the firing line.

Which I handled, and probably landed a six figure project for the company (a second one in my three months here, which is unheard of).

basically my boss is the dog that saves the day by always barking at the mailman. he is, like that doggo, convinced that his shit attitude “be a bigger asshole” and escalation of minor issues (RED CAPS IN EMAILS) is what keeps his group afloat - when really it’s the cause of the shockingly high turnover rate for people under him.

Fuck Today. I like this job, but damned if I’ll stick around long if this treatment carries on.

9 Likes

I really used to be worried about this, until one year when four people dropped dead in front of me.

Much more interested in not wasting my limited time on being scared. When something scares me now, I just address it. Name it and solve it and move on. or don’t solve it, and move on anyhow.

I wish you much luck, perhaps Camus’ Myth of Sisyphus can help? Strongly recommended reading if your looking for advice.

If it’s sympathy you’re after, You have mine fully.

6 Likes

Woke up to play my some of my require daily crack on my phone (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) and the god damn thing reset and then started to do an infinite boot loop. Googling shows this is a thing, but all the combinations of button pressing hasn’t fixed it. I think I turned it off so at least it doesn’t chime the boot up chime every 15 secs. FML.

3 Likes