Fucking NY Times

This Aaron Sorkin?

The one who makes me want to gnaw my eyes and ears off in embarrassment at sharing a species with him?

Fuck that noise. Just look at the above to get an idea of the quality of shit that he puts out in his actual area of expertise. Now imagine that when he is utterly spoofing and out of his depth and clueless to start off with. That’s his political wisdom that he dispenses.

I get it Aaron, you don’t like paying tax because it might benefit the poors.

5 Likes

I mean, his op-ed is straight out of the West Wing, with a couple of changes. There was the one plot line where Bartlett’s daughter had been kidnapped, so he temporarily stepped aside, invoking the 25th Amendment, and there was no VP, so the Republican Speaker of the House temporarily was the President of a Democratic administration, and then in the final season, after Santos wins the Presidential election, he offers the Secretary of State job to his Republican opponent.

6 Likes
1 Like

I didn’t watch the west wing and my opinion of it was regularly found to be extremely offensive by people who did.

I stand by that incredibly low and rude opinion and of how watching the west wing and being sucked into its pleasant delusional fantasy was a dangerous and lazy thing to do.

4 Likes

I think the first couple of seasons were ok. Realistic? No. Aspirational? Maybe. But yeah, towards the end, it just diverged from reality.

4 Likes

Agreed. The first couple of seasons were fun in the same way that Star Trek was, in seeing people working together towards a common purpose instead of stabbing each other in the back. Your choice of the word “aspirational” is spot on.

6 Likes

… a necessary footnote being when the author says “liberal,” at the time that meant the Clintonistas

5 Likes

I enjoyed West Wing (and The Newsroom) but I agree that it paints a deeply unrealistic (and yes, Clintonian) view of the world. Republicans are largely considered honorable and compromise can be had. Even in the late 90s/early 2000s it wasn’t particularly realistic. But, it had smart and snappy writing, and interesting stories. It showed how things could be, rather than how they were when everybody wants America to move forward but disagrees as to how.

All that aside, the op ed was complete bullshit nonsense. Literally nobody, R or D wants Romney on the ticket.

7 Likes

Not even Aaron Sorkin…

15 Likes

And the cockroach that was whispering Third Way into Bill’s ear has finally unveiled his true colors, firmly on the right.

2 Likes

Yes, but Star Trek was good in how it did that… I guess it helps that it’s on a spaceship a couple hundred years in the future…

Live Long And Prosper Star Trek GIF

5 Likes

In other words, he’s admitting his op-ed was completely full of shit. How nice.

9 Likes

He opened his email/social media expecting to hear nothing but plaudits and praise, and instead he got 50,000 people telling him he’s a dumb motherfucker.

“Umm, I didn’t mean it!”

12 Likes

Pretty much. Sorkin is on the bus with Michael Moore right now of “outspoken liberal intellectual types who I normally like well enough but have had some incredibly shitty takes on recent events and I really wish they would keep their opinions to themselves and stop stoking the flames.” (I’m sure I could come up with a shorter and catchier name but I just can’t be bothered.)

6 Likes

Well, if the size 12 shoe that’s really more of a sandal but with toe protection fits, wear it!

2 Likes

11 Likes

Fantasy Politics League.

What the hell is with that axis “Biden choice – Would beat Trump”?

4 Likes

FIFY

“outspoken self-proclaimed intellectual type”

1 Like

This week we’re joined by Komodo Dad from War_Takes to discuss the classic 1992 Legal Thriller that features Jack Nicholson yelling ‘YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!’. Join us as we explain why Marines are a kind of Samurai, Why sexual harassment was actually a dischargeable offense in 1992, and just what it is that Aaron Sorkin actually believes…

November Kelly, Abi Thorn and Devon seek to kill the James Bond in our minds.

2 Likes

15 Likes