Furious Michigan man confronts Boogaloo Bois with assault rifles: "Get the f*ck out of our town!"

I’m absolutely not a fan of cops, but if the choice is between a heavily-armed organization that has the possibility to be controlled through the democratic process and proper oversight, or a heavily-armed organization that is absolutely answerable to no one by themselves, I will reiterate the cops’ actual standing as a mechanism of authority every single time.

18 Likes

I guess I should have clicked that 2nd link instead of the Huff post article. Thanks.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

If I had a top ten list of comedies, his My Winnipeg would be somewhere on it.

6 Likes

I was introduced to Guy Maddin in film class at university with the film, Careful, and it’s been downhill from there. Now I have to figure out how to see Bring Me the Head of Tim Horton!

7 Likes

Theoretically, we as citizens have control of the cops.

Practically, the only way to have control over a militia is to get your own militia powerful enough that they acceed to your requests/demands.

10 Likes

I’m in a town where a juvenile runaway is alleged to have shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the backseat of a police cruiser at the station. His mom asked the police to help locate her kid, and they sure found him.

It is good news that things are good in Ann Arbor. Hopefully that goodness makes its way here.

8 Likes

your own militia powerful enough that they accede to your demands.

Not how it went with Quadaffi, exactly.
Militiasplaining it like Toni Morrison can be handy if you’re not ready to win with lavender bath memes in one supplex.

8 Likes

But not so powerful that their leader can overthrow you.

3 Likes

Your name is Bob and you are in Artillery?

2 Likes

I was shocked and disgusted by your use of profanity. There should have been a lot more of it.

@jerwin @knoxblox @ChuckV >“It seems like such a shame that Maddin’s artful imitation of early silent films is obscured by the limitations of 240p youtube.”

Wow! Thank you. I’d not heard of this guy before. I’ll need to chase up his work; it looks right up my Tinpan Alley. “Quickly, boy wonder, to the Internet Fleapit! Adventure awaits!”

6 Likes

Criterion Channel just added a bunch of his stuff recently. Currently they have 21 of his 67 films, but not Bring Me the Head of Tim Horton !

3 Likes

Semper Pie

2 Likes

Love the Carl Spackler hat

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.