Man in mask walks into police station with assault rifle, is told sternly to put it down

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/man-in-mask-walks-into-police-station-with-assault-rifle-is-told-sternly-to-put-it-down.html

6 Likes

Betty White, is that you?

10 Likes

Weird how I knew which race he wasn’t before I read this.

26 Likes

Race issues aside, I have never found that “complaining about getting pulled over” to cops ever gets you anywhere, quite the opposite in fact, so these guys are morons on multiple levels.

9 Likes

If they were Black, Latin, or any other color than White, they’d be dead. FACT!

12 Likes

The alternate ending would have been something like the finale to “Bonnie and Clyde”

4 Likes

They were lucky the balaclavas didn’t obscure their race. Imagine if they hadn’t been recognised as white!

Aside from that this quote is interesting (emphasis mine):

Baker and Vreeland allegedly entered the Dearborn police station Feb. 5 dressed in body armor and carrying firearms. Baker was allegedly wearing a ski mask. The incident was livestreamed on Youtube.

I understand that the media has to presume innocence but when the incident is on video and the suspects don’t even deny it I think they could drop the hedging language.

9 Likes

What does tacticool mean? obesegunguy

2 Likes

The joke is on the cops. These guys are sovereign citizens and don’t recognize their authority. They even said the magic words!

6 Likes

Dearborn PD is probably the best example of a well run police department in Wayne County, and perhaps all of SE Michigan. It definitely has issues and I have seen my share of asses, but the Chief seems to walk the talk. I am not sure a black or latinx would be treated much worse in the same situation. I make no promises of Allen Park, Dearborn Heights, or Taylor. I know of no speed traps unlike the above cities and I have been driving the area for over 30 years. I know of counter examples but they are at a much lower level.

The situation post Jan 6th may have made a repeat situation not as pleasant to the white guy, but the Covid-19 restrictions have made the ingress even more difficult.

5 Likes

The idiot was white, and had a big gun, and was obviously not too bright, and that’s the kind of resolution that didn’t push them to do dumber things, which a bunch of cops in a small room might be concerned about, so glad it ended well.

1 Like

4 Likes

Not to forget Jewish.

1 Like

Oh no Brother, I well know that. Fu#k Nazis Everywhere, Defund the Police, we gotta start someplace?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.