Futurewei would very much like you to forget it's part of Huawei

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/24/futurewei-would-very-much-like.html

1 Like

Corporate Balkanization in hopes of keeping an American toehold?
Or an American team that was suckling on the Huawei teat now finding the milk is sour?

3 Likes

futurewei sounds like what you do just before a futurecrap

3 Likes

Nah, it’s what you eat your futurecurds with…

6 Likes

You know, guys, if a traumatic history of communism has stunted your ability to set up a properly opaque network of shell corporations and obscure holding companies; we totally have professionals for that… There’s no need to face the problem alone.

6 Likes

Futureworld would very much like you to forget everything about that little incident at Westworld.

10 Likes

Have they considered changing the name?

3 Likes

Have they considered changing the name?

No Wei!

(because I can’t choose just one: this)

7 Likes

Nah, it’s what you hope for after you shed pounds on the new diet…

1 Like

Xeni - your headline here is a bit unfair. The people at Futurewei are as stunned as anyone else. They aren’t trying to hide from anything - just manage the reality of the current situation they have been placed in. They CAN’T talk to Huawei, anymore than any other high tech US company can. They are a US research and university funding business. The research has led to patents, which every company in tech does, and their university and non-profit funding is no strings attached. They helped fund Bret Victor’s DynamicLand when no one else would (why don’t you report on what he is doing - it is amazing!). I can’t speak for Huawei, but the people I have met and worked with that are part of Futurewei are exceptionally honest and care about doing good in the world. And they are worried about their future.

i pronounced it the wrongwei?

3 Likes

Weit, wat? Ther curdish, not Chinees?

2 Likes

Have they considered following the Wayfair example over corporate ethics?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.