Gallery of off-label fake butter brands

Some butter also comes in tubs: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d4/ad/55/d4ad558f5005a0dc720350a25d32a562.jpg

3 Likes

My fav too. As though we’re now living in a time where only faint whispers and broken stories of yore tell of ye old yellow dairy spread.

1 Like

I really was hoping one of them would be “Freedom spread”

Hah. I was going to comment on this one as well.

Their Memories of Montego Bay Jerk Sauce is actually my favorite jerk sauce for Tofu*, but it’s only okay for meat dishes.

* Did I say Tofu? I mean Memories of Chicken

5 Likes

Mmm. Butter.

5 Likes

There is truly a rich vein of humor to be mined here.

14 Likes

And my competing line of margarine “yeah, that’s definitely not butter, there was never any doubt, you don’t need to convince me because I am already quite certain”

1 Like

When we were brats, my sister would sing commercial jingles in the house. I would sing my versions even louder.
I remember: “If you think it’s butter - BUTTER SNOT! It’s Chiffon!”

3 Likes

It gets Butter.
You Butter believe it.
Butter? Damn near killed her.

4 Likes

You can also get powdered butter, which despite every intuition to the contrary is fairly good.

4 Likes

I do believe that cow is riding the Sun, not a sphere of grease.

Surprised this didn’t make the rounds (from vicar of the dibley)

7 Likes

My intuition certainly is to the contrary; but I’m intrigued (and lazy), tell us more.

Not much to say; you can buy powdered butter, it is real butter, it stores well (just as powdered milk does), and works well in recipes that requires butter. You can buy it from any commercial restaurant supply store, or from Amazon (where you can also read reviews of various brands).

You should be able to find Earth Balance in normal grocery stores now, depending where you live. It’s vegan and plenty butter-tasting, somehow. Apparently when it came out it somewhat revolutionized vegan cookery.

2 Likes

My sister once described the philosophy of the “higher” end of Church of England (incense, fancy vestments, more Latin etc) as “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Catholic”.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.