Game of Thrones castmembers laughing, smirking or gritting their teeth when asked if they like the final season

My liver aches on your behalf.

7 Likes

There has to be a villain. She’s the villain now. It’s a cartoon.

3 Likes

Hide your spoilers people, please!

Agree with this, i hate his writing apart from the leftovers but it left a very satisfying conclusion which i never thought would be possible.

1 Like

It ate the spoiler spoiler I added.

3 Likes

disagree. Dracarys.

I just dont see it. I have always been afraid of Dany and her power.
Before she went mad I was thinking “dont do it!”… I didnt question her will to do it.

I enjoyed the ep and I have enjoyed the season- suspense, drama, alliances, death. I don’t know why there is such a faction trying to explain why the season is a failure, but I guess that is the new reality we live in. Instagram and you tube critics reimagining an entire series for which they had zero involvement with.

1 Like

All the people whingeing about Dany would never do this… have you been watching the same show I have?

3 Likes

Then again does it matter given the show has become a shadow of its former self.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about that and I don’t really care if I see a spoiler at this point. My expectation is the actual show reveals are going to be about as subtle as a dick pic.

4 Likes

Seriously, after watching that episode I considered pinging some people rooting for the series on this BBS with spoilers to save them the pain being LOST again. Melz and Mindy, if you read this you already got the gist above, so please forgive me not sending spoilers your way on purpose.

2 Likes

You, obviously, are not Jon Snow but still do know nothing.

If you do not understand why lazy writing against character and a story full of illogical shit enrages people, you know nothing.

If you don’t see why it is lazy writing to do the same shit one or several episodes too late (like burning the bloody iron fleet), you do know nothing.

If you just think that people are upset because their heroes are no heroes, or rather heroines, you know nothing.

We would have accepted this ending, if it would not be so ridiculously, melodramatically, boringly simple-minded.

4 Likes

The criticism is for sport. It’s psuedo intellectual showboating… as your derogatory post demonstrates.

If you want to argue that the series is still rad, please do so. But for the sake of your argument, don’t get too personal, dear. It doesn’t become here.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for others in the thread but I was super excited for this season. I have been happy with prior seasons. Despite some issues such as travel times getting more and more hard to believe. I wasn’t looking for things to be unhappy about in this season. But as I watched each episode this feeling rose up that even though it superficially looked like my good old GoT, something on the quantum level felt different. The pacing, the drama over planning, all the important characters surviving a literal slaughter, etc…

It’s the same but not the same. I get no pleasure from that. I want this last season to be fantastic. But I just haven’t felt that so far.

4 Likes

High expectations because it’s the last blast?

Yeah, I do feel a timing difference… something isn’t the same. And my expectations wont be met either. But I’m still finding myself drawn in and enjoying the show. It is by far still on the top of my binge list.

And really… not every episode in every series has been a gem, but have they gotten the microscope this last season has?

Agreed. Frankly, I don’t think ANYBODY who is upset about this season wanted it to be anything but fantastic. People are upset because they got invested in characters, in a smartly told story, and are instead being fed fan-service plot points unconnected to any character’s character as we’ve come to understand it.

Every important plot point that has happened this season would have worked, in some form or other, if the writing had been there to back it up. Dany’s heel turn could have been a great moment if it were in any way believable. I’m glad there are folks who liked it, but I wish I could muster that level of suspended disbelief.

(There are, relatedly, a lot of minor dumb-shit bits and pieces that continue to creep in because, apparently, the showrunners have just stopped caring. I’m no strategic genius, but I thought the battle “plan” at the Battle of Winterfell was obviously, glaringly dumb. Putting women and children in a crypt full of dead people was ostentatiously dumb. “Forgetting” the Iron Fleet was mindbogglingly dumb. The master of whisperers failing at basic tradecraft: unbelievably dumb. Jaime showing up in King’s Landing trying to be clandestine and then, FOR LITERALLY NO REASON AT ALL, taking off his glove to display his golden hand, was ridiculously dumb. Those are the kinds of things that add insult to the injury of unearned character moments this season continues to cram into its scripts.)

4 Likes

Um, okay.

But my point was about crap finales. Did Psych go out with a bang, or with a whimper?

Mixed bag. Went out fine in its final season. The psych movie however the following year was mediocre.

And I knew what you were sayin. The mentalist triggers the Psych lover in me. :slight_smile:

Just based on overall quality and personal enjoyment of the series.

Agreed. And I have been fine with that. Nothing is perfect. I think I’ve rolled my eyes a few times in past seasons but never really got angry about any thing in the show like some. To be honest nothing in the last season as really made me mad so far, just a bit sad that they didn’t push a little more to end this season on a high note. Instead, it feels good enough.

This 100% ^^^

2 Likes

Yup and that’s a great Twitter thread from Ferrett Steinmetz. Definitely it wasn’t the character twists that were the problem is that they weren’t earned with enough steps along the way.

Just changing the order of events of that episode could have fixed some of the problems.

As you had mentioned if Daenerys had attacked the Red Keep first. Perhaps with Daenerys saying something along the lines of “Cersei must pay” would have been understandable. That could have led to Grey Worm attacking Lannister soldier (Grey Worm’s turn was no surprise) which led to fighting among the two sides. Once Daenerys burns down the Red Keep, she sees Lannister soldiers still fighting and starts expanding beyond the Red Keep. Targeting Lannister soldiers but then not stopping at them as Daenerys loses control.

Basically, leading up to Daenerys descent into madness of killing innocents without starting right at that point after they surrender. That would have definitely felt more earned.

2 Likes