Game of Thrones ends

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/20/game-of-thrones-ends.html

5 Likes

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Expect Spoilers ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

(General GoT spoiler thread: A Spoiler Thread of Ice and Fire)

6 Likes

And now a plastic water bottle. Was the show edited on an iPhone on a train?

Happy with last episode. Next…

9 Likes

Did Tony Stark die?

16 Likes

Yeh, Iron Man dies.

4 Likes

If a train is carrying Bran and Sansa from Winterfell to King’s Landing and is moving at a rate of 50 miles per hour, and Drogon is flying from the gates to the Red Keep burning buildings at the rate of 200 per minute, how many people will cancel their HBO subscriptions on Monday?

28 Likes

The water bottles were pretty bad, but what about all the massive continuity errors during Dany’s Nuremberg Rally. Grey Worm is killing people in the street, no wait he’s at the bottom of the stairs, now he is at the top of the stairs. Jon is behind Dany while she is talking, then he’s not, then he is back again.

D&D should have brought George Lucas in for that part, for all of Lucas’s faults, he can manage to make a scene look like Leni Riefenstahl. That was just a green screen mess last night.

13 Likes
19 Likes

this was me every single time they pulled on of their lovely plot contrivances out of their asses last night…

3 Likes

I liked Danaerys going evil, but the slow rolling of Varys, Tyrion and Jon realizing it was all too convenient. Varys, great. Tyrion needs to see some more. Then Jon needs just a little bit extra to be on board with Tyrion. It’s tightly sequenced in a way that just seems a little bit too convenient. I think a lot was a little too convenient.

The Dothraki and Unsullied also made no sense. This isn’t a gap that I’m nit picking about, they made a huge point of showing the plans in ep 3 where they’re on the front lines, the Dothraki lights go out, the Unsullied take the brunt of the assault. They’re badly diminished and that has Danaerys feeling more isolated, and has her making sure Jon knows that he owes her badly for the heavy losses her folks took when it wasn’t her war up there. But now they’re the big shots in King’s Landing? And they can demand Jon be off to the wall, and he’s going to abide by some decision after they sail away? Nonsense.

Also Arya is a lot of things but a sailor, ehhhhhh.

Bah.

7 Likes

Oh shit, it’s over???

And I forgot to watch a single episode. Gosh darn it.

15 Likes

These aren’t the episodes you’re looking for.

You can go about your business.

7 Likes

i liked it. i’ll miss it. ymmv.

9 Likes

It was a Scouring of the Shire episode, and it mostly worked. I understand why some folks can’t really get past some of the pacing issues of the last 1.5 seasons, but endings are tricky business and this probably did as good a job with the actual ending as we could have hoped, I thought.

8 Likes

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, I also liked it all in all. Endings are hard though, the “wrap things up” impulse leads to awkwardness. It’s still better than Parks and Rec, which I also love generally, but decided to wrap up by tossing babies around all over. Waaaaaaack. More media should just end like Genji.

1 Like

Jon won the popular vote
#SCREWTHEELECTORALCOLLEGE

2 Likes

50%20AM

32 Likes

No lie, on my commute in to work this morning I was behind a car that had both a Hodor window sticker and their license plate was “HODOR”. What is that sad person going to do with their life now?

6 Likes

Home Box Office, 46, is survived by parent company AT&T and younger sibling Cinemax. In lieu of flowers the family requests you continue paying your monthly subscription fees.

9 Likes

I won’t click until I’ve seen the episode, I won’t click until…

Ok, I won’t read the comments until I’ve seen the episode.

But can we all agree that petitioning for the season to be re-written and re-shot is stupid?

Fun idea: Martin can now safely finish the books and everything he does will be more appreciated than the TV show’s ending. Which is a huge incentive not to write the books at all for him, I presume. And if he ever would need money, he could just publish whatever he already wrote of these books to cash in.

7 Likes