Gamer Bed sleeps one

6 Likes

High school: giant bean bag with support on two sides to keep it high, and pillow for watching anime (gaming done kneeling)
College: exiled to my bedroom, so set up computer monitor on bedside table.
Working adult: set up my monitor on rolling table next to sofa that I lie down on.

My biggest criticism is that it’s not multipurpose… I can roll the monitor stand out of the way and open up a bigger area for VR gaming, or roll it to the center of the room for people to watch on…

2 Likes

My dentist has massage chairs! Not the intense kind, just subtle heated chairs with different vibration patterns. VERY nice.

2 Likes

I keep saying: if I win a big enough lottery, I want a dentist’s chair, complete with overhead TV mount.

At one point, I had a gooseneck phone holder (not this one exactly but similar enough) attached to the headboard of my bed so I could lie flat in bed and look straight up at my phone to watch streaming video. It was 100% pure laziness and it was fantastic.

Then I moved and bought a new bed and no longer have a headboard. But the memories stay with me.

1 Like

Quarantine?

2 Likes

lphat

1 Like

Not so much that but it sure would make quarantine nicer.

In fairness studies have indeed shown most people sleep better alone.

And if you have odd sleeping habits like me, where sometimes you need elevated feet, or a cold hard floor, or a bit of contour like this, this starts to look appealing.

Also I work from home, so staying in bed for early calls would be a bonus.

Sadly I will be 40 soon and I am at least 15 years too old for this setup.

2 Likes

Needs a (hefty) articulated arm for the keyboard with built-in mousepad for quality gaming.

I prefer 7/1 speaker setups, so someplace for a good dolby receiver with wire trays to the speakers.

1 Like

Gamer Bed will only ever accomodate one. Gamer Bed is a species-grade filter.

1 Like

Came for the Wall-E and Idiocracy references.
Leaving satisfied.

2 Likes

Clip from South Park

Headlines like this are why @beschizza remains, and will likely always remain, my favorite boinger. If the ratio of devilishly-clever-beschizza headlines to alarmist-to-the-point-of-wrong-doctorow headlines were reversed, I’d be a happy camper.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.