Gamer Bed sleeps one

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/03/high-tech-gamer-bed-sleeps-one.html

4 Likes

If I was put on bed rest this would be awesome. Otherwise not so much.

17 Likes

This kind of reminds me of the home entertainment set up from Idiocracy.

17 Likes

Didn’t the Nebuchadnezzar remove Neo from one of those ?

10 Likes

I came here to say… shame this all you want… but if I was bed bound for any reason this would make life bearable.

4 Likes

The dystopia came upon us so steadily we didn’t notice it until it was too late.

10 Likes

In NYC we call this a “spacious loft with built-in workspace”

35 Likes

Wait, we’ve seen this before, on LV-426.

alien chair

26 Likes

Great seating ideas repeat themselves…

pacal-ancient-aliens-astronaut-theory-debunked-youtube

15 Likes

Comes with cardboard shipping box for subletting!

9 Likes

I keep saying: if I win a big enough lottery, I want a dentist’s chair, complete with overhead TV mount.

Judge me if you want, but those things are frickin’ comfortable. It’s not about being lazy, it’s about enjoying what I am doing the best it can be enjoyed.

14 Likes

“Sleeps one”. Enough said.

17 Likes

Everyone is shaming this but seems like a great step towards accessibility in gaming.

5 Likes

Major design flaw: Gamers would actually have to rise/stretch to grab their ramen and drinks.

3 Likes

Dear Standing Desks,

Fuck you!

Sincerely,
Bed Desk

10 Likes

Credit to milldecks or someone before…

6 Likes

What? No catheter? No vac tube? amateurs
also needs a dedicated Slurm™ tube and Brawndo©™® drip-feed

2 Likes

The still glowing embers of Erich von Daniken must be stamped out! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Had to double check that it wasn’t a bb store link!

11 Likes

I wonder if that isn’t the target market, and it’s like all those accessibility devices (for opening jars and picking things up, etc.) that have much-mocked advertisements that get turned into memes. I.e. it’s designed specifically with the disabled in mind but marketed to a larger audience to pay for itself.

4 Likes