Enjoy this weekly dose of snark about bad product designs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/21/enjoy-this-weekly-dose-of-snar.html

4 Likes

That his’n’hers tub immediately makes me think “NO TOUCHING!”

13 Likes

I have one, the Nintendo Switch has their USB C charging port at the bottom of the unit. It makes sense to have it there when docking it but makes it really awkward when you’re on the go, you’re charging it and you need to set it down. The cable makes this impossible to rest it on a level surface and prop it up so you essentially need to get some kind of mount or stand… so it’s something else you need to buy and carry. It’s a minor inconvenience but one that is constantly annoying me when i use it.

3 Likes

I think, “When your partner insists on peeing in the tub…”

10 Likes

Is that tub made by TV show set designers from the 50s that put married couples into separate twin beds separated by a nightstand in their own home?

I’m having trouble coming up with any use case that isn’t creepy or sad.

14 Likes

You know, for those times when you want to get naked together, but not touch each other.

6 Likes

Is the rubber faucet bubbler thing really a bad design? It does exactly what it intends to, with a single moulded part. And unlike some of the stair designs, it probably won’t kill anyone.

Edit: here it is - I’m buying one.

5 Likes

Noe should take a crack at Core77’s own homepage, which answers the question: Who is still crazy enough to uncritically run a piece of clearly-bullshit Uber IPO-propaganda (as their headline cover article)?

5 Likes

I got SNL “Love Toilet” vibes

140207_2723988_The_Love_Toilet_anvver_7

28 Likes

Was thinking the same

1 Like

I can’t imagine that’s great for your belt loops either…

2 Likes

That really triggers me. Those poor pants

6 Likes

…the water turns blue?

8 Likes

It reminded me of bullies in middle school.

3 Likes

Well there is probably a joke about the pink water and menstruation but I done want to create it because I would feel the need to get pedantic.

Anyway he probably pees the safe for advertising blue.

3 Likes

He likes water at 103 degrees; she likes it at 107.

OR!

She has a fever of 105 degrees and needs an ice bath; he just wants to relax.

5 Likes

Finally, a way for two bros to be chillin’ together in a hot tub without having to be five feet apart cuz they’re not gay!

6 Likes

I thought a bigger design flaw of the design website was that you couldn’t navigate from one article to the next in the series. Thus, the 4 separate links.

20 Likes

Maybe they weren’t gay when they STARTED the bath, but what if they also had those stick-on wine and beer holsters there?

5 Likes

They should apply the same thinking to the rest of their articles…

2 Likes