More snarky comments about crappy design

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/19/more-snarky-comments-about-cra.html

9 Likes

Keep your snark, this is genius:

19 Likes

Something something persistence of memory?

8 Likes

I admit, the description for this…thing…made me giggle pretty hard:

"I wanted the front end to look like a giant Cyclops grouper fish having sex with a hammerhead shark."
18 Likes

To be honest, I would love to own that bed. It looks awesome.

3 Likes

I wanted a chair that will soon be home to thousands of unremovable spiders.

34 Likes

that one just made me want to know what they were actually thinking designing it. What’s the practical advantage of the giant toilet-seat windshield?

6 Likes

Probably a case of function following form. Dang thing looks like the front end of the original BSG Cylons.

9 Likes

If I was a billionaire my half bath would totally have that cylinder door thing. It would make the classic Star Trek beaming sound when it closed/opened too.

10 Likes

Are those speakers?
I guess stereo separation is for the poors.

3 Likes

i393404

That’s basically Luigi Colani’s truck from the late 1970ies.
I used to see one of those quite regularly on my commute 10 years ago or so.

19 Likes

“Regular websites have RSS feeds for serially-published posts. I wanted to make a website that you actually have to remember to come back to once a week instead.”

26 Likes

Looks familiar…

4 Likes

Snark is a necessary part of a healthy breakfast.

So this bed for criminal oligarchs. Does that mean Donald Trump has one? Does it even come in gold?

1 Like

16 Likes

I’m gonna ReMix that bed so the entire side rail drops into the floor when I want to get in or out of bed. This will make me incredibly rich.

3 Likes

The thing about that bed design - the limitations it introduces are entirely obvious and unavoidable, and anyone who buys it is willing to make those trade-offs and is getting exactly what they want. So where’s the design flaw, really?

3 Likes

Re: Star Trek Toilet

“We subsidize the cost of your sleek, richly enameled water closet by utilizing the cheapest material toilet seat on the market.”

6 Likes

17 Likes

And doesn’t link to any but one of the previous posts in the series.

However, in that other “Weekly Design Roast”, number 5, i wanted to share:

because of the comment (from our own @bobtato, it seems)

I think you’re being unfair on the room divider though; it’s a good design for workplaces based on WWII Japanese POW camp cosplay, hence the “death march of rattan” theme

9 Likes