More snarky comments about crappy design

I love the angry space-fish cyclops RV. I’d prefer it if it was a Chinese six rather than twin rear axle tho, if we’re talking aesthetics, not practicality.

2 Likes

The cab is so elevated… that would make for a pretty grisly 11’8 bridge video…

30 Likes

Little third or fourth grade hungryjoe thought that was the coolest show, and was sad when it was cancelled almost immediately.

4 Likes

“This seat looks like what Drakkar Noir smells like.”

20 Likes

Fish%20-%20Gulp%2C%20Halp%2C%20Help

11 Likes

(cough)

Also, sleeker rebooted Cylons.

9 Likes

That dark area right beneath the bendy part would make it look as if the bowl is perpetually leaking to me.

What’s the design theme: Needlessly Passive-Aggressive Anxiety Amplifier?

20 Likes

Oh, you’ve met my ex?

16 Likes

Exactly. Lexus: ‘Please Stop’ Alfa: ‘I would like to subscribe to your newsletter’

3 Likes

I just drop in a 1mg clonazepam every time I change the water. Seems to chill the little aqueous dude right out.

1 Like

*lolz

Ouch…

10 Likes

Entertaining, but she’s being unfair to the “Moby” stapler. It looked to me like a cover had been removed, and in fact that is the case.

https://www.vat19.com/item/moby-stapler

6 Likes

I bet that thing would work well under the Durham, NC, “can opener” bridge.

3 Likes

The design flaw is in Core77, too much space, they have to fill it with… something, anything.
So they snark about things which they would usually praise for some reason.

Because who needs physics, right ?

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one who caught that… makes the whole “we designers” attitude just that much more insufferable (not that these aren’t almost all worthy targets.)

“Colani’s design managed to reduce fuel consumption by 50 percent.” What’s crappy about that? Expect the price…

2 Likes

It was The 70s gas was expensive.

Colani is really good at Fuel economy.

4 Likes

Ah, the links showing the cyclops bus present the opportunity to share about a hilarious and sadly over-looked disaster spoof, “The Big Bus”.

This is a satire in the vein of Airplane, except it was released 4 years BEFORE Airplane, yet it get’s no love.

10 Likes

I have a Colani-designed ergonomic computer mouse (in fact, a few of them). They’re pretty much unusable nowadays (PS2 interface, no scroll button), but are remarkably comfortable to use.

He has also designed an interesting house that nobody sane would want to live in:

3 Likes

You could get into that bed from the left by falling backwards like a diver leaving a boat

6 Likes